Post Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidalwave

I recently moved back to the Spokane area, and I noticed that post falls has an APCO-25 single channel dispatch. Has anyone been able to monitor it? Is it part of the new Idaho digital 700mhz system? Is there a way to monitor a single channel(coventional apco25) with a 396t scanner?

Thanks to those that reply.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
No, I have not monitored Post Falls (I am in southern Idaho), but I certainly would try to monitor and see what you get. Program it as an APCO25 site with only one frequency; use the ID Search mode and see what happens. I have a 996T, not a 396T. I have never tried what I am suggesting on a conventional system, but I have been monitoring the IIMARS trunked systems in Bannock and Bingham Counties for several months now.

This appears to be only a temporary license, but I am sure it will work into the 700 Mhz IIMARS when Kootenai County implements their part of the overall system. I believe, currently, Bannock County is fully operational and Bingham and Ada Counties are in operational/test modes on their parts of the IIMARS. I don't know what the implementation schedule for Kootenai County is.

Tidalwave

I'm not having any luck with the post falls APCO-25 channel. I get a good signal from Liberty lake wa, which is a few miles away, but the scanner never does anything. I've also noticed that bonner county north of courdalene uses APCO-25 for the sheriff dept. I'm not having any luck with either. Since this is my first Digital scanner i may be doing soemthing wrong, but I've been scanning for over 20 years and with living in Seattle I monitor 3 different Mot systems jsut fine. if anyone knows anything else about the north Idaho APCO sites let me know. Thanks.

Tidalwave

Thanks for the fast reply. I checked my scanner and indeed it is on Tone Search. I'll give it another go this weekend when I'm back out that way. Thanks!!

Tidalwave

I was in Post Falls tonight. Tried EVERYTHING to get the APCO 25 to work. Nothing worked. Only one channel is listed, but it almost sounds like a control channel. Programming my 396t to a P25 system didnt work. When I tried setting it up as a Type 2 800mhz mot system it told me the freq was out of band. Really not sure what to do. Is it me being dumb(probably) or maybe my radio is bad? Any help would be great!!

Tidalwave

Thanks to those that helped. I've come to the conclusion that what I'm hearing and what is listed on this DB is NOT an APCO 25 voice freq. It is used as an MDT, which I've read about in the paper as their brand new "thing". I have found a trunked APCO 25 system in my area and can say it sounds nothing like what is listed for Post Falls.

Status
Not open for further replies.