Post-refresh "Open-Mike" oddity on the 330T

Status
Not open for further replies.

WGVFC166

Feed Provider
The programming in my 330T is about two years old, so I recently decided to refresh the programming and make a few changes to the systems I scan (I use it mobile in my vehicle). One irritating issue I have though is that one specific conventional channel that scanned just fine with my two year old program file, doesn't work following the refresh. The odd thing is, the "new" channel setup is configured identically to the old, even when viewing the channels in advanced mode. I use the latest version of FreeScan in non-simple mode, direct import from RR and with the manual addition of a PL that got dropped from the DB that was in the original file. Alas, I turn the scanner on and I get an "open mike" effect (i.e. no static, just dead air), and can't scan past without hitting the Scan button... only to get stuck on the same channel again the next time I hit the system. No change in squelch settings either, which really has me scratching my head. Has anyone else encountered something similar, and if so, did you find a workaround? Is it just a weird quirk of the 330T? I'm running the latest firmware on the scanner as well.

The odd channel in question is Bucks, PA, Northampton West Band rebroadcast--one I need to utilize as a volunteer firefighter from an adjoining county that frequently runs mutual aid across the county line.

nanZor

Odd - when doing the transfer, did you notice if freescan reported any "errors" in the transfer?

I'd manually verify that channel programming by hand just in case. If encountering errors, perhaps drop the transfer speed down a notch in both the radio and the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.