BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Post Upgrade Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3JI

So I did the DMR upgrade and got it enabled, no issues. I have my local DMR Amateur repeaters setup and receiving nicely (after a few initial issues). I first tried setting up multiple sites with all the same TGs setup as channels since they are all standard for Amateur use. No dice -- it would see the RF (signal strength meter was showing strong levels), but it wouldn't stop on a channel or decode any audio. Deleted that and set up each repeater as its own system and all was working well.

Then I tried setting up some simplex channels which have been standardized on 4 freqs: CC1, TG99, TS1. Tried multiple ways of doing it, but it will not stop on a channel or decode my hand-held no matter what I try (CC Search, ID Search, etc, etc, etc). I verified the hand-held is setup properly. No idea what I'm doing wrong here. Any ideas?

I also seem to have lost my P25 X2-TDMA reception. I have three systems that are X2-TDMA, but all I get is garbled noise when they are in TDMA mode. It stops on channels and shows the TS, but audio is just gabled random sounds. No issues previously. Some agencies on the systems aren't using TDMA, and they come in fine. What gives??

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

N3JI

Oh yeah, and I keep losing my clock. Did I read that somewhere this is a known issue? Can't recall now after reading so much... ;)

N1GTL

Database Admin
Then I tried setting up some simplex channels which have been standardized on 4 freqs: CC1, TG99, TS1. Tried multiple ways of doing it, but it will not stop on a channel or decode my hand-held no matter what I try (CC Search, ID Search, etc, etc, etc). I verified the hand-held is setup properly. No idea what I'm doing wrong here. Any ideas?:

I'll second this question. I programmed my XPR7550 to 446.000, TGID 1, CC 1. I put the frequency in the bcd436 and nothing. It will not receive simplex. Is the scanner only capable of receiving DMR if it is a repeater? The subscribers quickly switch on and off when transmitting but the repeater is alway transmitting so maybe it can only rx a repeater.

As a side question, can the scanner decode color codes? I get the time slot, talk group ID and subscriber ID but no color code.

racingfan360

The 436 is quite bad at DMR simplex/mobile decode, but it can be done. Try MENU > Srch/CloCal Opt > Digital Wait time set to 400ms, Digital Threshold set to Manual, Digital Threshold Level set to a low value (probably 5, 2 if you're using ARC536). Also check that modulation = fm. Manually tune to the freq to start, to see the DCC, ID, TG etc. Note Uhf is much worse than vhf.

Status
Not open for further replies.