Post your desktop and your - desktop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Thats sad about TechIMO... If they hadnt of put that garbage on there maybe it wouldnt have failed! (It was aweful compared to what they were on before (VB3.x))

Its really very sad.....

About your site... You could do what other sites are and not block HTTP sessions... As long as you have an SSL cert for those who want it,its fine :)

webhostingtalk.com (VBB),cellar.org (VBB) and hipforums.com/forum (Xenforo) dont block HTTP either.. (They have an SSL cert but they dont block reg http (I dont visit WHT much anymore,its not as good as it used to be now that they went to VB4))

Your site looks nice :)

Thanx for sharing it!!!

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Yeah, I'm afraid that if I allow HTTP seasons then that helps open the doors even more to bad actors like bots and what have you. How were you able to visit my site anyway? I had a minimum of TLS 1 required up to TLS 1.3, but now I changed that to a minimum of TLS 1.2-1.3.

You didn't happen to come from Bing, did you? I saw that and wondered about it. LOL

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
No I visit your site how I do this one :)

It really does look nice......... You put alot of time into that!!!

poltergeisty

Banned
You put alot of time into that!!!

It's been a 4 long years endeavor. And I back it up like you wouldn't believe. The backup is encrypted (twice) with a VERY long password generated with Keepass. That backup is stored at my cloud provider, a non-public Amazon AWS S3 bucket, my local FTP server in the house, on all of my computers, on DVD/RW and Blu-ray RE. The backup right now is about 230 MBs so not really a large database like this site would have. But If by an absolute miracle social media drops in favor of the traditional forum-based website and I grow, I'll just split the encrypted backup file in sections with Gsplit and use multiple 50 GB Blu-ray disks if necessary. LOL

Really sucks that I'm stuck with 50 GB per Blu-ray disk. I was hunting down and researching my actual ass off trying to find a Blu-ray burner drive from a reputable, good company that burned 100 GB disks and M-disc as well. Alas, I was stuck with this Pioneer Blu-ray drive that can burn M-disc and Blu-ray up to 50 GB only. I may just buy a 100 GB Blu-ray burner without M-disc capability just for the 100 GB capability. If I need M-disc I'll use the other drive. That's why computer cases have multiple 5.25 drive bays after all. :)

Did I mention all of my computers and USB drives are encrypted and stored in a couple fireproof safes? :) Plus, my whole computer clones are encrypted and those external HDDs are in the safes as well. I don't care about the safe having a lock, I just want my data fireproof. The lock on these $35 fireproof safes meant for electronics can be easily defeated with a flat head screwdriver. Theft is not so much of an issue either. I have cameras, a Ring door bell, a .380 upstairs in the living room, one in the downstairs living room and one in my bedroom. LMFAO!

HAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:

poltergeisty

Banned
Now a few things that are pissing me off. I added some Google fonts and I notice the link is taking forever to resolve. I also added the AbuseIPDB API and their banner in the footer of the site, but now their server is all messed up or under an active DDoS for the last three to four days so their website doesn't load so I can check my stats and the banner in the footer won't load half the damn time. So I opened a ticket with them three days ago and no response. I went to their parent company to drop a complaint and it looks like their captcha was coded by a potato. So I went to AbusIPDB's twitter page and dropped them a line.

I shun to think what paying customers are going through. I may just drop the AbuseIPDB API and the Google fonts. One reason why I don't like too many APIs. Though, I do use one for the Stop Forum Spam database and its API is only queried on login and registration as per his API rules.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
No poltergeisty I dont think my UA is hidden,maybe someone on the staff can say if it is or not. (I think it still says my same one but im not sure (I think thats what ya asked))

Im sorry your having problems with your FONTS and all.... But your smart buddy,you'll get it corrected straight away :)

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Well i do hope ya had a good time :)

Maybe ill PM ya buddy so we can talk...... We are taking this thread off topic and I dont like doing that :)

S

simpilo

Welcome to Sparkylinux (based on Debian Buster 10)

Just the wallpaper and menu bar:
(click thumbnails to enlarge)
linuxdesktop.png

Running rtl_fm and DSD monitoring Ham-DMR:
runningdsd.png

That's default wallpaper. Most of the wallpaper that comes with it is outdoors nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.