Post your Vermont frequency knowledge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwnut13

In my limited time posting in this forum I have discovered lots of information that was not listed in the RadioReference database. I was hoping that we could pool our local knowledge and create our own database for Vermont, that can hopefully be used to improve the RadioReference database.

I have started a Google Document where we can gather the information. I have started by listing the frequencies that I have knowledge of in Caledonia County.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar5L237AnMxedG5HVWZYajEyTldDQUJ1emZVLVZ6Snc&usp=sharing

***I would prefer that any frequency added has been personally confirmed. Thanks!***

You can edit the spreadsheet yourself. All changes are saved automatically. Don't worry if you think you may have accidently changed information, google automatically backs up after each revision.

You are free to put your information directly into the spreadsheet, or if you would rather, share it here!

Last edited:

ecps92

I would suggest, if it's missing from the RRDB that folks make a submission (after having actually validated use)

At the top of each Page (RRDB) there is a Submit Link.

The DB only get's populated by USER submissions.

In my limited time posting in this forum I have discovered lots of information that was not listed in the RadioReference database. I was hoping that we could pool our local knowledge and create our own database for Vermont, that can hopefully be used to improve the RadioReference database.

I have started a Google Document where we can gather the information. I have started by listing the frequencies that I have knowledge of in Caledonia County.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar5L237AnMxedG5HVWZYajEyTldDQUJ1emZVLVZ6Snc&usp=sharing

***I would prefer that any frequency added has been personally confirmed. Thanks!***

You can edit the spreadsheet yourself. All changes are saved automatically. Don't worry if you think you may have accidently changed information, google automatically backs up after each revision.

You are free to put your information directly into the spreadsheet, or if you would rather, share it here!

Blackink

Great idea. I'd love to get more frequencies into my scanner that aren't listed in the database.
I feel like a junkie looking for a fix-So Bad!

One thing I'd like to suggest (or ask?) is that when we get confirmed frequencies that are not in the RR database-wouldn't it be easier for the one submitting the frequencies is to wait for several frequencies to submit all at one time? Or is it easier to submit them one at a time?

I don't know how many we can accumulate doing this but I would think it would be easier for one submission with several frequencies on it rather than several submissions with one frequency.

Thanks vwnut13 for your efforts.

Blackink

One thing I'm not quite sure of with this database.....

Are we suppose to list frequencies that are already in the RadioReference (RR) database?
Or just the ones that are not listed in the RR database?

vwnut13-seems like you're doing both. If we are submitting frequencies that are already in the RR database, maybe making another column where we can add a note stating so might be helpful.

Then we'd know at a glance whether the frequency is already listed in the RR database or it isn't listed yet.
Yes? No?

vwnut13

One thing I'm not quite sure of with this database.....

Are we suppose to list frequencies that are already in the RadioReference (RR) database?
Or just the ones that are not listed in the RR database?

vwnut13-seems like you're doing both. If we are submitting frequencies that are already in the RR database, maybe making another column where we can add a note stating so might be helpful.

Then we'd know at a glance whether the frequency is already listed in the RR database or it isn't listed yet.
Yes? No?

Done!

My reasoning for including frequencies that are already included in the database is so we can know what frequencies are currently in use.

I would assume that the RadioReference Database (along with any database, including this one eventually) will have outdated information.

I am hesitant on entering many of the small town Fire/EMS Dispatch frequencies in my scanner because I am unsure if they are even in use anymore. For example, the RR Database lists Danville Rescue at 155.070, but they have recently merged with Calex Ambulance and are now dispatched on the (nearly) countywide 154.250.

Blackink

Thanks vwnut13.

I'll see what I can add this coming week.

I hear the Calex Ambulance good from where I'm at, but for the longest time I thought they were saying "Calais". Sometimes it's just difficult to completely understand what they're saying. lol

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I would suggest, if it's missing from the RRDB that folks make a submission (after having actually validated use)

At the top of each Page (RRDB) there is a Submit Link.

The DB only get's populated by USER submissions.

Well said.

I would also remind everybody of the RadioReference Wiki where unconfirmed frequencies can be posted for everybody to collaborate on.

Tower7Troll

I added some notes and corrected a few things for Washington County in the last couple days.

I'll go through my archive of customer files and update what I can for public safety information over the next few days.

Cheers!

Blackink

I need to thank whoever fixed my mistakes My apologies.
I was taking most of the information off from my FreeScan file so many of the named frequencies were listed as I have them in my scanner, not the way they're listed in the RR database.

That and other errors I made makes me think I still have many learning curves to go through.....

Thanks for correcting my errors and thanks for updating our database.

vwnut13

It seems that ambulance going to NVRH use 155.340 PL Tone 127.3, but when the Hospital responds they use 155.340 without a PL Tone.

Is that normal in other areas as well?

Blackink

It seems that ambulance going to NVRH use 155.340 PL Tone 127.3, but when the Hospital responds they use 155.340 without a PL Tone.

Is that normal in other areas as well?

I can listen to the Central Vermont Medical Center here in Berlin, VT. on that frequency with "None" listed as the tone when they are responding back to the ambulances.

So it's that way here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.