Posted a Hello In GD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medic115

AS we all must learn for anything we do. I searched my local Ham info via Google (they know everything.)
I found many people who would "Elmer" me if I need it and a lot of links to guides and study sites. This site will help you, as long as you don't expect they will test for you.
A Ham "ticket" is something you earn.
I am working on mine, my life is much to stressful then most can think of, but I study as a release.
Nobody gives you something, you must work.

wkm

Right on! I too am working on getting my license this new year. Hoping to be ready to take the test in then next couple of months. From taking the practice tests on Eham I am finding my weak spots are regulations and antenna theory.

elk2370bruce

AS we all must learn for anything we do. I searched my local Ham info via Google (they know everything.)
I found many people who would "Elmer" me if I need it and a lot of links to guides and study sites. This site will help you, as long as you don't expect they will test for you.
A Ham "ticket" is something you earn.
I am working on mine, my life is much to stressful then most can think of, but I study as a release.
Nobody gives you something, you must work.

Congrats! You've made the right choice to "study" rather than just memorize questions and answers, Amateur radio has something for everyone beyond the enjoyable QSO's from around the world. Digital, morse, satellites, moon bounce, and other more experimental opportunities await you. Welcome (in advance) to out world-wide fraternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.