Posting Audio Files From Scanner On A Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizona_Scanner

Premium Subscriber
So I have an idea and would like to get opinions on if I should do it, and if so, how to best to do it.

I would like to be able to post audio files for cool transmissions I pick up with my scanners. I live in range of an Air Force testing range and hear lots of cool traffic in which F16 pilots test all sorts of weapons on the range, in various simulated combat scenarios.

I would also like to post cool things from the Phoenix PD like car chases, barricade / hostage situations, etc.

I would like to know if there are any chances I would get in any trouble for doing so first off.

Secondly, if I did do this, what is the most affordable way to make a website that I can post multiple audio links on?

Thanks.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Scan Fever

So I have an idea and would like to get opinions on if I should do it, and if so, how to best to do it.

I would like to be able to post audio files for cool transmissions I pick up with my scanners. I live in range of an Air Force testing range and hear lots of cool traffic in which F16 pilots test all sorts of weapons on the range, in various simulated combat scenarios.

I would also like to post cool things from the Phoenix PD like car chases, barricade / hostage situations, etc.

I would like to know if there are any chances I would get in any trouble for doing so first off.

Secondly, if I did do this, what is the most affordable way to make a website that I can post multiple audio links on?

Thanks.

Recently, I removed my blog of digitally recorded LE radio transmissions. Why? Well, I got to thinking about the possible outcome of the posts. Most all of my posts were from a fugitive task force which included federal agents, local LE, and county LE. You could hear the debriefings before they entered a residence or building. It was quite detailed. In my opinion, they talked as if they were not being monitored. They were talking on a new radio system that had not been fully implemented in the department. Most of those with digital radios were from special operations within the PD. I think many LE officers in this area think scanners are out of the reach of most crooks based on their expense. I have talked to a few officers about digital implementations. Typically, they will say digital radio interception is a costly endeavor based on the expense of digital scanners. I keep my mouth closed.

I wrote a disclaimer indicating that the audio samples were posted after: a) the crooks were apprehended; b) the surveillance was over.

I attempted to edit the names of all parties involved. Furthermore, I never actually stated where the radio traffic was being recorded. I could see how LE might attempt to make a case of "interfering" with their operations. I believe some LE agencies might want to charge me with something. In retrospect, I am happy I removed the postings.

In response to your posting, I would say, "full speed ahead." I don't think LE would be bothered by posting these since they are not sensitive in nature.

Good luck. Go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.