Posting of Callsign

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlthse

Greeting All,
This Posting is of general nature.
Question: If I may, Can anyone explain why on the state listing of sites, Like Utah, State of.
The callsign is not also listed along side the DEC, HEX, MODE, and ALPHA TAG Description.
I have found that our coordinator at UCA uses the same freq as "control freqs" with a spread of many miles apart, But they still conflict and use up good usuable freqs in one area. I know as one commented that "freqs don't grow on tree", But this would be easier to monotor one site alone for whatever reason the monitor wishes.

mciupa

Database Admin
Where it is known, we list License in our listings if this if this the same thing as Call Sign to you.

mrlthse

Where it is known, we list License in our listings if this if this the same thing as Call Sign to you.
The question is, Why isn't the callsign listed along side the information already given,
it could be listed right after Mode. This way you don't have to go looking for it on a separate listing along the way

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It sounds like you are referring to talkgroups of a trunked system, and asking why a call sign isn't listed next to each talkgroup? Is that what you're trying to ask?

If yes, then the reason is because talkgroups aren't bound by FCC licenses. They can, and often are, used across multiple sites of an entire trunked system. In doing so, they could theoretically be using frequencies that span multiple call signs, especially for larger systems like a statewide system. When it comes to trunked systems, the FCC licenses are relevant at the site level, not at the talkgroup level.

mrlthse

Well close, how bout next to site numbersbetween the name tag when listing the system freqs.
I understand your second reply, as I understand they are "assigned locally" by the UCA (Utah communitcation agency) administration staff here in Utah.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
One site is sometimes covered under multiple call signs. It would look very sloppy to list them all on one line.

Perhaps you're unaware of this, but if you click on the site name of a trunked system, the associated call signs are usually listed.

mrlthse

Yes, I understand there are listed with just a few clicks,
And, yes that is true here in Utah,
One of many last thread asked the status with callsign KNIV722 and or WQLA280
I am just suggesting that the callsign be listed in the facesheet along with the sys and site number
Making it easier to see, identify and track .

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Sorry, that's not going to happen for the reasons previously stated. If you need to research call signs for a trunked system, you can view them at the site detail page.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
I'd LOVE to see a site NAC posted in a new column by the sites in a trunked system.
YES it can be available (tho often not found) on the click thru to the site info. With some of the newer radios using the site NAC this can be helpful, and easily show those needed to be found and reported.
ALSO while hearing a signal on a discrete freq that is in a trunked system, having the site NAC on the same page as the site freqs would help determine which site is being heard.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
While not exactly what you're asking for, you can view all of the site NAC for a trunked system in one table by going to the Site Location Data Report for the system. MOSWIN, for example:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Go to the Downloads and Reports tab of a trunked system, then to the Site Location Data Report link (just above the Change History log)

mrlthse

While not exactly what you're asking for, you can view all of the site NAC for a trunked system in one table by going to the Site Location Data Report for the system. MOSWIN, for example:

Please advise what is NAC?

west-pac

Go to the Downloads and Reports tab of a trunked system, then to the Site Location Data Report link (just above the Change History log)

That's a nice document for site hunting and filling in missing data. I just wish Indiana's RRDB Admins would process the NACs, neighbors, and Alt CCs that have already been submitted. It seems to be a very slow/non-existent process.

Status
Not open for further replies.