Posting scan data from my area

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
Ive got a couple ARMER talkgroup id's I'm trying to sort out. Cant find any info.

5034- Ive logged State patrol dispatch on it multiple times and it has a ton of hits, thats the only rid I recognize on it, full time ENC
10607- ENC, no rid's I recognize
10021- ENC, lots of Hennepin dispatch console hits
11190- ENC, lots of Eiden Prairie PD counsel hits, assuming its their main dispatch?

Theres plenty more with a ton of hits...

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
Sure can. @JASII had been doing that for a while. Keep a log of frequency, PL, DPL, COLOR CODE, Talkgroup, Radio IDs/UIDs, and brief description of what was heard.

Also, compare your findings to FCC Licenses.

@peq387ab just started using unitrunker. Will have to exchange files at some point.

yes we can. Be more then happy to share what I have found over the past 8 + years sharing my Unitrunker File.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
yes we can. Be more then happy to share what I have found over the past 8 + years sharing my Unitrunker File.
Sorry I didn't get back to you. I got some more dongles. Let me run Unitrunker for a couple months and then I'll post my file. The plan is run on Sauk Centre, Glenwood, Osakis, Long Prairie, and Freeport.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
We need a repository to post a file for others to check out if interested. Am currently recording for a week again to add what frequencies I am picking up in central minnesota. Would be interesting to see what others have recorded.

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
Yes it would! I know I have tried throwing out the idea before about exchanging Unitrunker files, but nothing stuck. Something we should figure out a groups deal to share stuff.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know the file size limitation on PM’s When attaching files? Could do emails upon request. I’ll check some of the sites I use to upload images to see if I can do a non photo files so I can post a link for others to download. If you have have other ideas, please post them.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
We need a repository to post a file for others to check out if interested. Am currently recording for a week again to add what frequencies I am picking up in central minnesota. Would be interesting to see what others have recorded.
Most of use record to ID stuff. Currently, I'm recording in Proscan to ID rid/uids. Also, recording a couple Unicom/CTAF frequencies to ID airfields throughout Central Minnesota. Also, have Unitrunker running also. @bearcatrp you should try Unitrunker also.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Most of use record to ID stuff. Currently, I'm recording in Proscan to ID rid/uids. Also, recording a couple Unicom/CTAF frequencies to ID airfields throughout Central Minnesota. Also, have Unitrunker running also. @bearcatrp you should try Unitrunker also.
What does unitrunker do that the 200 can’t do? Just did a quick search and read some of the wiki page. Proscan logs and records. From what I read, pretty much covered.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
What does unitrunker do that the 200 can’t do? Just did a quick search and read some of the wiki page. Proscan logs and records. From what I read, pretty much covered.
I look at it as another tool in the "toolbox".
SDRs, scanners, software such as Proscan, Unitrunker, DSD+, there're tools, each one with a specific purpose. Does Proscan do the same as Unitrunker? Yes and no. Proscan only logs transmissions. Unitrunker logs every radio that affiliates to a site regardless if it transmits or not. A log of all radios can be useful to ID a talkgroup. It also sees all channels used. A scanner can only receive a single talkgroup at a time. No missed transmissions.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what you mean it logs every radio that affiliates to a site regardless if it transmits or not. Are you saying when a transmission is picked up, besides logging the freq and radio, it also logs all radios affiliated with it? If so, can you post a picture of this? Now you have my attention on Unitracker. Also, can unitrunker run at the same time proscan is running? Thanks.

Just did another search. I see a Version 2 is out. Needs windows 8 or above. I use win7 pro so thats out.

Last edited:

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Screenshot (207).png

Some radios might never transmit. They are logged anyway because the have to affiliate to a specific site. Also, interesting to see which talkgroups each radio roams to. Right now, I'm running on a separate computer, but I'm sure it could run at the same time as Proscan with a computer with enough resources.

Can't see why it wouldn't run in Win 7. Might have to set Windows Compatibility.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
So when a freq is keyed up, all the affiliated freqs are list too at the moment of the initial key up? Am assuming its getting this info from the RR database?

Status
Not open for further replies.