Potomac River Emergency Traffic Near Nice Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlr8

Premium Subscriber
Greetings,

I sometimes visit the Dahlgren area and am looking for some frequencies or talk groups on trunked systems that I can monitor for Potomac River emergency traffic from a few miles north and south of the Nice Bridge between Charles Co. Maryland and King George Co. Virginia. Any suggestions for frequencies or systems to monitor?

Thanks in advance!

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Charles County Marine Rescue A and Marine Rescue B, tg 1584 and tg 1616 on their TRS. Maryland FIRST will also have Marine TACs 10-14 and Natural Resources Police Area 4 once that system goes live. And don't forget the regular Charles County Fire tgs; often times they are the most active during water rescues. Also NRP has some legacy VHF repeater sites along the Potomac River - Douglas Point 155.820 (and probably others.)

xlr8

Premium Subscriber
These are a great start, thanks. In addition to these, what frequencies/agencies do I also need to be monitoring for fish and game/wildlife/marine resources? Is that what the Natural Resources Police in Maryland are tasked with?

Thanks again. Any others?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
These are a great start, thanks. In addition to these, what frequencies/agencies do I also need to be monitoring for fish and game/wildlife/marine resources? Is that what the Natural Resources Police in Maryland are tasked with?

Thanks again. Any others?
Natural Resources Police handle those tasks, along with boating regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.