Pottawatomie County Talk Groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan_Love_Jr

Just received this from a yahoo group. Thought that I would pass this on.

Pottawatomie County is active on the Trunking System today.

Other active talkgroups are

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
I will tune in. Allan are you seeing the talkgroups over Pott County Frequencies or ORION or both??

Howdy, everyone!

I would suspect that these were only heard over the actual Pott. Co. Control and Voice channels, as Site 114 (Pott Co Simulcast) displays NO neighbors in it's site information and Site 101 (Doug Co Simulcast) doesn't yet show 114 as a neighbor.

This would, to me, indicate that the systems have not yet been linked to each other. Until this happens, unless I'm mistaken, there exists not the capability to see any Pott Co TGIDs on the Doug Co side of the system.

73s

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I read a while here on RR that Pot county has its own zone controller. Pot counties talkgroup would only be heard on their sites not on Douglas county or OPPD, unless a radio affiliates with those sites.
We won't know for sure until the system is full operational.

xmo

"...I read a while here on RR that Pot county has its own zone controller..."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pottawattamie County does not have a zone controller. Their system will rely on the OPPD / Douglas Master Site.

"Pottawattamie County does not have a zone controller. Their system will rely on the OPPD / Douglas Master Site.

Sounds like I will be able to monitor them here. The Pott county control channel is weak at best where I am at only about 1-2 bars. No traffic or TG's logged as of today

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like I will be able to monitor them here. The Pott county control channel is weak at best where I am at only about 1-2 bars. No traffic or TG's logged as of today

Howdy, Rich and all!

Yeah - I, too, can't seem to hear the CC reliably until I actually cross the river into Pott. County - most likely, this is due to how they've configured the simulcast coverage.

2501 (Pott County Sheriff) was busy Friday and Saturday evenings.

73s

SCPD

QRT
2501 is active today, patched to 154.860 Pot county so dispatch.
2510 unknown user is an encrpyted talkgroup
These talkgroups are transmitting on the Douglas county sites.

Radios affiliated to 2503, 2504, 2555 and 2556 on Douglas county sites

Last edited:
Pott County finally coming alive?

Through most of the day, TGID 2501 has been popping up over Pottawattamie County TRS sans ORION.

I am a bit far to hear the radio traffic, voice decoding is very choppy at best. Can anybody confirm this and the type of traffic being heard?

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Also the talkgroups are popping up on Douglas counties sites. It seems like a radio tech's radio affiliates to the sites. Put your scanner is search mode in douglas counties side and see what pops up.
Right now 2551 is on DC sites.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Howdy, everyone!

Yep - 2501 is showing-up on the DC side of the system this morning.

2501 appears to be Pott County Sheriff Dispatch.

Haven't heard any of the others today yet, but am listening intently!

73s

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
One other observation....

With uIDs turned on on my 396XT, I don't see any unit IDs being displayed when TGID 2501 shows up.

The way the audio sounds, I'm wondering if they're simply repeating the conventional PCSO dispatch channel onto this TGID.

73s

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
After running UniTrunker 1.0.0.10 for the last few days, watching the Pott County system here are the TGIDs I've logged:

2501 PCSO
2551 CBPD

2501 and 2551 appears to be simple intermittent repeats of the associated conventional channel... no radio IDs to report on these so far.

73s

So far tonight, I haven't heard from Pott Cty over ORION. Perhaps the radio techs are patching PCSO/CBPD into the system, perhaps just long enough to check for coverage, among most things.

Status
Not open for further replies.