Potter and Tioga UPDATES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frftr72

With all the Changes in Potter, can someone give me a break down of the location of the repeaters? I go camping there for 2 weeks every year and I would like to be able to monitor the going-ons while I am there. I camp at Cherry Springs State Park which is on Rt 44. on a summit (roughly 2,300' which is great for listening) between Coudersport and Galeton. I have the dispatch frequencies, I would like to know which tactical channels to listen to so i may hear mostly Coundersport and Galeton Fire.

captclint

Mentor
With all the Changes in Potter, can someone give me a break down of the location of the repeaters? I go camping there for 2 weeks every year and I would like to be able to monitor the going-ons while I am there. I camp at Cherry Springs State Park which is on Rt 44. on a summit (roughly 2,300' which is great for listening) between Coudersport and Galeton. I have the dispatch frequencies, I would like to know which tactical channels to listen to so i may hear mostly Coundersport and Galeton Fire.
This is a good chance for you to use the new proximity feature. Just click on the callsign for each freq to see where the tower is located. There are towers near both Coudersport and Galeton, so look at the frequencies used at each of these towers.

You can also enter the coordinates of the summit. Look under the FCC License Data for the Search Proximity. Enter your coordinates, If you know them, and a radius of up to 4 miles. However, your best bet is just clicking on the call signs to see what is within 10-15 miles...you might get at least that far from 2300' for fireground portables, and 35-45 (or more) miles for the base tower.

Last edited:

Frftr72

Thank you very much, that answers most of my questions. The only question I have then is who operates on which Frequencies. I see that certain towers are at certain locations, I am curious which channels are used by coudersport and galeton fire. I guess I would need to talk to someone from that neck of the woods to find out though.

captclint

Mentor
I see that certain towers are at certain locations, I am curious which channels are used by coudersport and galeton fire. I guess I would need to talk to someone from that neck of the woods to find out though.
It would help to have a local input, but if you look at the frequencies listed, you will will see some are only Coudersport, and others are only Galeton. Technically speaking, that should be correct, but it is not uncommon for agencies to deviate from that as long as they are licensed for a frequency. To make maters worse, mobiles are generally allowed a large radius from a tower. See the mobile listings of 16-32 mile radius from the towers: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseLocSum.jsp?licKey=1298177

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.