POTUS coming to sunny UK....

Status
Not open for further replies.

fires999

Good evening everyone,
Not sure what you are/are not allowed to publish via the Forum, POTUS is due into the UK shortly...any idea where I should point my scanners/sdr's etc ???
Appreciate COMMS are to be encrypted , however there must be alot of liaison with frequencies as obviously US and UK frequencies dont match up OR does Secret Service just use the radios they always use regardless if the frequencies clash with anything used over here ?

Thanks as always in advance,
K

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
The Secret Service does have some frequencies set aside for use outside the US. They are usually coordinated with the governing agencies where they are going to be used.

I suspect they have a pool of frequencies they can use in Europe. Unfortunately, I don't have a listing for a visit to the UK, but they would be VHF, using encrypted APCO P-25 mode.

- Chris

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'd suggest checking @ChrisP blog who posted above as I was typing...

For the schedule check this post

fires999

Evening,
Chris P & N1GAW really appreciate the quick response.
Just wasn't sure where to look - have also seen mention of VIPER ? Over here in the UK ,half a dozen USAF Bases using P25 Encrypted (well, meant to be !!) in the 400mhz range , so didn't know if Secret Service hopped on the back of that system whilst here in the UK.
Will definitely look at the listings you've suggested.
Many thanks again - If I do hear anything even if it's encrypted , I will share with others on the forum.
K

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Evening,
Chris P & N1GAW really appreciate the quick response.
Many thanks again - If I do hear anything even if it's encrypted , I will share with others on the forum.

I would start searching Tuesday or Wednesday as advance teams begin the task before Thursday arrival.

ecps92

I would venture to search the 160-174 [160-162 just outside the US Federal Band] an if no luck begin the 150-162 search
As CP mentions, the key should be the standard $001 NAC as well
The Secret Service does have some frequencies set aside for use outside the US. They are usually coordinated with the governing agencies where they are going to be used.

I suspect they have a pool of frequencies they can use in Europe. Unfortunately, I don't have a listing for a visit to the UK, but they would be VHF, using encrypted APCO P-25 mode.

- Chris

fires999

Afternoon,
Thanks guys....have a couple of Digital Scanners and SDR's charged up and ready to listen to white noise !!!! lol
Maybe 2 plastic cups and a long piece of string will be used ?...Digital string of course !!!!!!!!
K

ecps92

Larry51

Premium Subscriber
Back in the 1980s and 1990s, when we would make an overseas trip, WHCA would issue us special portables that would be programmed with frequencies that could be used in the host country. I remember a trip to France where the advance team used a frequency called "Paris Charlie." They were pretty much in the 162-170 MHz range. I believe the WH staff used "Paris Sierra."

fires999

Evening,
Just a quick update...only managed to catch one frequency today as large black Cadilacs ? were being unloaded awaiting a VVVV VIP tomorrow = ( as per public WhiteHouse briefing page)
166.700 mhz...data/white noise - limo drivers talking to each other ( I watched them from the window !!!)
Most activity by men in suits tomorrow from lunchtime onwards...about a dozen vehicles parked where Big Red trucks are normally kept , couple of F350 variants with numerous antenna...vhf/uhf,satcom etc...being readied for action tomorrow so will post asap...
Thanks in advance,
K

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
8:10 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart the White House en route Joint Base Andrews
The Ellipse

8:30 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Joint Base Andrews en route Royal Air Force Mildenhall, United Kingdom

BST

8:00 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive at Royal Air Force Mildenhall, United Kingdom

8:45 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY deliver remarks to US Air Force personnel and their families stationed at Royal Air Force Mildenhall

9:30 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Royal Air Force Mildenhall en route Cornwall Airport Newquay

10:55 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive at Cornwall Airport Newquay

11:20 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Cornwall Airport Newquay

11:40 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive in St. Ives
St. Ives, Cornwall, United Kingdom

Briefing Schedule

Press Secretary Jen Psaki and National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan will gaggle aboard Air Force One en route Royal Air Force Mildenhall

Thursday, June 10, 2021

The President will meet with The Right Honorable Boris Johnson, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Friday, June 11, 2021

The President will attend the G7 Summit in Cornwall.

Saturday, June 12, 2021

The President will attend the G7 Summit in Cornwall.

Sunday, June 13, 2021

The President will attend the final day of the G7 Summit in Cornwall.

The President and the First Lady will meet with Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II at Windsor Castle.

The President will travel to Brussels, Belgium.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Look for multiple jets to make the trip as FLOTUS returns to the states on the 13th, after tea with the Queen

ecps92

Did you note the NAC for 166.7000 in the UK ?

Evening,
Just a quick update...only managed to catch one frequency today as large black Cadilacs ? were being unloaded awaiting a VVVV VIP tomorrow = ( as per public WhiteHouse briefing page)
166.700 mhz...data/white noise - limo drivers talking to each other ( I watched them from the window !!!)
Most activity by men in suits tomorrow from lunchtime onwards...about a dozen vehicles parked where Big Red trucks are normally kept , couple of F350 variants with numerous antenna...vhf/uhf,satcom etc...being readied for action tomorrow so will post asap...
Thanks in advance,
K

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Appreciate COMMS are to be encrypted , however there must be alot of liaison with frequencies as obviously US and UK frequencies dont match up OR does Secret Service just use the radios they always use regardless if the frequencies clash with anything used over here ?

Just wondering if you have heard any thing else since he has arrived?

President starts the day late, doing some president stuff in the morning..

Screenshot 2021-06-10 22.27.18.png

Tomorrow 1st Lady has added a school visit in Cornwall.

Screenshot 2021-06-10 21.57.32.png

fires999

Good morning everyone, sorry for delay but as you might guess, we were fairly busy with DV visit days before and now after !!
With regards to freqs , apart from one I mentioned , only managed 4 more in the same area of the spectrum 166.4625 , 166.7000 , 169.9250 & 170.0000 all encrypted white noise - had to be discreet with radio , glanced down once and saw 169 NAC code flash , but radio was hidden. Frequencies were via a digital frequency counter and then put into my Whistler...sorry not more helpful.
Maybe some of my colleagues may find more down in Cornwall or in London ?
Currently have the E4B sitting across taxiway.....
Thanks for all replies, especially the schedule/diary of events
K

Status
Not open for further replies.