POTUS Comm vehicle at Walter Reed tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Interesting communications vehicle following the motorcade from the Walter Reed landing zone to the hospital entrance tonight as POTUS heads into the hospital. The top of the vehicle actually looks like it can be removed and put on another vehicle. Lots of antennas on there.

20201002_183218(0)~01.jpg20201002_183220(0)~01.jpg

prcguy

Close call is not close enough, you gotta get right up against those antennas and almost touch um. Go ahead, give um a sniff and let us know how it went. We'll be watching the results on the evening news.

I looked at that vehicle from another angle and it appears to have what looks like three Laird tri-band antennas and a Trivec-Avant UHF satcom antenna.

Think Close Call will work :ROFLMAO:

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Close call is not close enough, you gotta get right up against those antennas and almost touch um. Go ahead, give um a sniff and let us know how it went. We'll be watching the results on the evening news.
Before you do it, notify your lawyer and let us know what kind of cigarettes to smuggle into the jail.

You can use the same law firm I do: Dewey, Cheatham & Howe. They're affiliated with Delaye, Knockwood and Pray.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Hospital about 30 minutes for regular drivers from white house. Sure the secret service could have him there in 10 minutes if needed. Did potus go by chopper?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yes they flew Marine 1 from White House to Walter Reed, the photos are at Walter Reed landing zone
Yes I can confirm that is true along with hundreds of millions of people ln the world. Melania did not go with him. Whether she is treated in the white house or Walter Reed doesn't matter but if things go south, it is important that she be in Bethesda, sorry, Walter Reed hospital. It's a little known fact that she has kidney disease.

Hey it's important that the president go to Walter Reed to be monitored in the presidential Suite.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Yes I can confirm that is true along with hundreds of millions of people ln the world.
I was not questioning it like I did not believe it. I was questioning it like if they flew him as opposed to driving, than the symptoms may be more serious than the news is reporting. First they said he was going to self quarantine at white house. Than it came out he was administered an experimental cocktail. Then shortly after he was airborne.

Either way, I hope the president, the first lady and anyone else in the world with covid recover quickly.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I was not questioning it like I did not believe it. I was questioning it like if they flew him as opposed to driving, than the symptoms may be more serious than the news is reporting. First they said he was going to self quarantine at white house. Than it came out he was administered an experimental cocktail. Then shortly after he was airborne.

Either way, I hope the president, the first lady and anyone else in the world with covid recover quickly.
Sorry, it's just so upsetting to see all this and more and more staff and at least three senators have come down with it.

So they were saying on TV that the White House has a pretty good medical facility but it makes sense that the president would go to Walter Reed as a precaution.

It was a good visual for him to walk to the helicopter and walk up the stairs and also depart at the hospital on his own, appearing to do well. Seeing it on camera around the world was a smart move.

So they say he did start the regeneron cocktail. I hope it all goes well also. Vice president Pence would be a very good acting president, let's hope it never comes to that. (y)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Why do you not think the Bird is there to move him to a secure underground bunker in case of threats.
Yep, whether it's a motorcade, Marine One or Air Force One it's amazing that the Secret Service are able to protect and keep anything from happening, so much must go into it that you can't see on the surface. I'd love to know more about that comm vehicle.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
it makes sense that the president would go to Walter Reed as a precaution.
Precaution, that I guess is what I was questioning. Would think usss could have got him there pretty quick seeing as google said it was about a 30 minute drive. Usss can do maybe 15 to 20 minutes one would think. But seeing marine 1 and the decoy would lead people to think its more serious and he needed to get there more quicker. Like for regular people, med transport is usually based on the exact nature and severity of the problem. Some people go to hospitals in ambulances with lights and sirens, just lights dont rush, and others are flown.. Maybe it was safer to fly marine 1 vs motorcade or maybe there's more to his health than being reported.

Either way, he is in a good place.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Precaution, that I guess is what I was questioning. Would think usss could have got him there pretty quick seeing as google said it was about a 30 minute drive. Usss can do maybe 15 to 20 minutes one would think. But seeing marine 1 and the decoy would lead people to think its more serious and he needed to get there more quicker. Like for regular people, med transport is usually based on the exact nature and severity of the problem. Some people go to hospitals in ambulances with lights and sirens, just lights dont rush, and others are flown.. Maybe it was safer to fly marine 1 vs motorcade or maybe there's more to his health than being reported.

Either way, he is in a good place.
Yep I understand. They just had an update press conference by the president's doctor a few moments ago, president doesn't have a fever anymore and has not required any oxygen and is not on oxygen now and has not been on oxygen. Apparently he's doing well. His pulse ox is 96 so he does not require oxygen.

The reporters kept whining about oxygen so things got a little bit weird. One reporter asked if he's doing so well why does he have to be in the hospital... The doctor was a little bit sarcastic at that point and said... because he's the President of the United States. The doctor got another stupid question about something and I think it was if he was on oxygen LOL... Doctor ended it there and walked away.

Glad to hear he's doing better.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
They likely didnt want another parade of staff and secret service, load em up on the chopper by himself and pack everyone away consider its likely more will be positive now that its penetrated the inner circle

prcguy

The President was clearly on oxygen at some point, even if it was just precautionary. The press must have asked the Walter Reed doctors a dozen times this morning if the President has been on oxygen at any time for his infection and they kept smiling and saying "he is not on oxygen now" and completely avoiding any information prior to the press conference.

Yep I understand. They just had an update press conference by the president's doctor a few moments ago, president doesn't have a fever anymore and has not required any oxygen and is not on oxygen now and has not been on oxygen. Apparently he's doing well. His pulse ox is 96 so he does not require oxygen.

The reporters kept whining about oxygen so things got a little bit weird. One reporter asked if he's doing so well why does he have to be in the hospital... The doctor was a little bit sarcastic at that point and said... because he's the President of the United States. The doctor got another stupid question about something and I think it was if he was on oxygen LOL... Doctor ended it there and walked away.

Glad to hear he's doing better.

wowologist

Certifiable
When he recently went to Sac I counted 7 (in that top pic there is actually 1 more back in the tree line dead center) of those with the extended tops, as well as 4 with the raised partition + radomes. More interesting to me though was roughly 3 miles away in a park there was an identical set of 15 vehicles + 2 18 wheeler single trailer setups with what appeared to have breakaway sidings like they had ground to air missile batteries installed in them.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
They likely didnt want another parade of staff and secret service, load em up on the chopper by himself and pack everyone away consider its likely more will be positive now that its penetrated the inner circle
That makes a lot of sense. I guess so much goes into those motorcades including a lot of staff. The presidential suite at WRH is a whole floor including an office... staff probably stocked it and prepared it prior to his arrival.
The President was clearly on oxygen at some point, even if it was just precautionary. The press must have asked the Walter Reed doctors a dozen times this morning if the President has been on oxygen at any time for his infection and they kept smiling and saying "he is not on oxygen now" and completely avoiding any information prior to the press conference.
Yep, makes sense, Public Image is very important so I'm sure they didn't want him seen with an oxygen cannula. I think the fact that he walked on his own in a suit and tie to and from was encouraging.

I know when President Reagan was shot and when he had colon cancer surgery they were very optimistic about his condition all the time. I guess it only makes sense because the president is the leader of the Free World and they don't want to spook anybody.

I read that they did the same thing for president Eisenhower when he had his heart attack.

I just hope they were telling the truth today at that press conference. Good news.

Last edited:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
When he recently went to Sac I counted 7 (in that top pic there is actually 1 more back in the tree line dead center) of those with the extended tops, as well as 4 with the raised partition + radomes. More interesting to me though was roughly 3 miles away in a park there was an identical set of 15 vehicles + 2 18 wheeler single trailer setups with what appeared to have breakaway sidings like they had ground to air missile batteries installed in them.
That is so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.