POTUS/FLOTUS to Bedminster Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
No POTUS this weekend. Last minute change due to the inclement golfing weather. Headed to Sterling, VA instead.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
This was interesting. ”NICE05” at about 20:00 was the A/A KC135 tanker established in the CAP.

Went like this.

Stand-by on joining for fuel, autopilot just kicked off. Then hand flys for two top offs. Chat with Huntress, “departing CAP early due to AHARS pilot, co-pilot miscompare”. “Huntress“ are you going to declare an IFE? 135 Nope, and away he went.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Stand-by on joining for fuel, autopilot just kicked off. Then hand flys for two top offs. Chat with Huntress, “departing CAP early due to AHARS pilot, co-pilot miscompare”. “Huntress“ are you going to declare an IFE? 135 Nope, and away he went.

Disagreement between the pilot and copilot's Attitude and Heading Reference System. Which is exactly what it sounds like and is considered a priority instrumentation problem. Both civilian and military aircraft would immediately turn back to their primary airport for that as that can lead to fatal errors not necessarily knowing which is correct.

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
WIDE75 with KC-135R 59-1450 on station. Not sure if the airframe is currently assigned to Maine ANG or Arizona ANG, but it came out of Bangor.

I read it was last given to the Arizona ANG in 2011, I don't think it transferred commands again

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Intercept underway near New Brunswick.

Gonna have another one in a minute over Bedminster if that RV7 VFR at 4300' doesn't make a hard left.

Update: Pilot "politely" directed to turn left to 270 immediately. Pilot complied. lol.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
N197RV just had a bad day. An FAA check ride and Fed interview for sure. 330 heading from Wall to Blairstown at 4500 feet did not work well for him. Rule number one plan and plan well. Check Notams too.

Tech792

N197RV just had a bad day. An FAA check ride and Fed interview for sure. 330 heading from Wall to Blairstown at 4500 feet did not work well for him. Rule number one plan and plan well. Check Notams too.
I was following that as it happened. He got within a few miles of Trump's golf course before he finally turned. Fighter head-butted him and shot flares. The outcome could have been much different.

W2JKK

I was following that as it happened. He got within a few miles of Trump's golf course before he finally turned. Fighter head-butted him and shot flares. The outcome could have been much different.
Lucky it did not get shot down, the flight path took it right above the golf course before he turned. N197RV Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware

People in the area report that the fighter dropped flares in front of the plane and the CG chopper was lined up right behind the aircraft...

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber

I'm back at work but I was watching it on ADS-B and listening on ProScan. I was cringing when the fighter called out to the TACP on 350.1 that he'd be deploying flares. You REALLY have to screw up to evoke that response, especially with homes in the area. I think that is the closest any idiot...er...pilot has gotten yet in the last 4 years.

Lucky it did not get shot down, the flight path took it right above the golf course before he turned. N197RV Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware

On ADS-B, there was an unident chopper and another fighter lined up to give him a colonoscopy, and I promise you the assigned aircraft on station were probably fully ready to achieve tone lock.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I'm back at work but I was watching it on ADS-B and listening on ProScan. I was cringing when the fighter called out to the TACP on 350.1 that he'd be deploying flares. You REALLY have to screw up to evoke that response, especially with homes in the area. I think that is the closest any idiot...er...pilot has gotten yet in the last 4 years.

I do not understand how much time elapsed til interception. The aircraft was was on 330 heading right from BLM direct Blairstown. It spent quite a bit of time in the TFR and the track was clearly a problem early on. Odd.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I do not understand how much time elapsed til interception. The aircraft was was on 330 heading right from BLM direct Blairstown. It spent quite a bit of time in the TFR and the track was clearly a problem early on. Odd.

The problem is the several small airports within the TFR that they have agreed to give leeway for. Particularly Solberg and Somerset. I didn't have VHF going on ProScan, so I don't know if he was answering up on Guaaaaaaaaaaard (aviation joke) but it seemed like they were giving him a chance to line up for either one and then realized...yeah...not happening. He had 1200 in the box, so...yeah...

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ

On ADS-B, there was an unident chopper and another fighter lined up to give him a colonoscopy, and I promise you the assigned aircraft on station were probably fully ready to achieve tone lock.
is 350.10 being used for The CAP, instead of 260.9?

Status
Not open for further replies.