POTUS in Denver/Aurora Tuesday April 24, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Super. Since he's going to CU, I assume that I-70, I-270 and US36 will all be jacked up. Sweet.

soundchaser

Super. Since he's going to CU, I assume that I-70, I-270 and US36 will all be jacked up. Sweet.

I'm guessing a helicopter will take him to Boulder Municipal Airport:

The presidential visit, however, will shut down Boulder Municipal Airport, which is scheduled to suspend operations from 3 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. All pedestrians and vehicles must leave the Boulder airport by then; buildings will be locked and guarded, and any vehicles that haven't been cleared to stay may be towed and searched.

Obama at CU: Boulder, campus brace for 1st presidential visit in 58 years - Boulder Daily Camera

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Glad he's not driving across town. That would create a mess.

My after-work jog may have to extend to the perimeter of the Boulder airport. Just to see.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
The more I think about it, there are plenty of places to land a helicopter at CU.

That may be true but clearing people off the airport property and locking the buildings suggests that landing zone security is the purpose of closing the airport.

Otherwise they'd just make it a no-fly zone so no terrorist Piper Cubs could buzz around and scare people.

soundchaser

Excerpt:

Air Force One landed at Buckley Air Force Base in dark overcast skies, where Obama was greeted by, among others, CU football coaches Jon Embree and Eric Bienemy and basketball staffer Rodney Billiups. High winds delayed the president's landing for several minutes.

The president will be flown by Marine 1, his helicopter, to Boulder Municipal Airport, where he'll then board a motorcade to travel to the University of Colorado's Coors Events Center for his speech around 6:30 p.m.

The tarmac at Boulder Municipal Airport is completely deserted except for a presidential motorcade of 16 or so SUVs and passenger vans and an assortment of Boulder police vehicles.

Obama lands in Colorado as arena fills for CU-Boulder speech - Boulder Daily Camera

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
While I was waiting for AF1 to take off, I had the feeling I was being watched!

Attachments

• Being-Watched.jpg
    Being-Watched.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 527

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
POTUS To Boulder

I spotted the helos flying over US 36 as I drove home from work Tuesday. I jumped off the highway at the Wadsworth exit and went up on the hill north of Rocky Mountain Regional Airport...

Attachments

• Presidential_Marine-1.jpg
    Presidential_Marine-1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,469
Status
Not open for further replies.