POTUS in Denver Sept 27th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
The Government own the helicopters :D And I don't have any Tail #'s for I am never free to go take pictures.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Who owns this helicopter ?
Tail number / Links ?

These are military birds that travel with the POTUS detail there actually three of them I believe and tail #'s are not published or available. There was a good show on Discovery I believe recently which mentioned them briefly.

Jim<

utlchris

PlayBack Time: Sep 27 @ 4:06pm
WebTrak: Denver International Airport

AF1 Screen shot.

Thanks for the website link first time I have seen that. I watched AF1 come in and it had the flight ID of AF1. Why do some of the planes just have a beacon numbers? I was watching a beacon yesterday that was doing circles just S/W of Buckley and the same one in this post off to the west. I originally thought those might be the F16's but now thinking those were probably the helo's. I'm guessing when they dropped altitude that made them suddenly disappear off the screen.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Learn more about the above tracking site here.
http://bksv.com/Products/EnvironmentManagementSolutions/AirportEnvironmentManagement.aspx

The aircraft with only the beacon(Squawk) might be aircraft with Mode-A or Mode-C only. (See this wiki)

FlightID(callsign) w/squawk will be sent via ModeS/ADS-B.

1200 squawk: * Visual flight rules (VFR) flight, this is the standard squawk code used in North American airspace when no other has been assigned.

Erik might know more about this for this area. Since he is using the SBS-1eR receiver in Colorado.

kadras

How an aircraft (color and icon) and its data tag show up on WebTrak depends on what information was provided to air traffic control and how WebTrak interpreted the info (this explanation is given in the WebTrak documentation).

Also, per the WebTrak documentation, the data is post-processed each night. I’ve been using this for some time and looking at tracks the next day shows some smoothed out, aircraft color and icon changes and in some case, the track disappears completely. I’ve noticed this on some tracks near the fringes of the coverage area, well outside of the DIA noise impact areas.

Compare this track captured today compared to the one MtnBiker2005 posted yesterday. And using it to answer a question posted earlier, note the track southwest of Buckley shows “EAGL1” instead of the 0356 code from yesterday. Eagle 1 is the call sign for the Denver Police helicopter, N710DP.

Attachments

• AF1-LeavingColorado_update.jpg
    AF1-LeavingColorado_update.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 147
Status
Not open for further replies.