POTUS norcal visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
In the Bay Area Thursday. Prob arriving at Travis. Trip to Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield and somewhere in Napa. Also taking a flight (Nighthawks?) to Redding to check on fires.

Leaving same day (Travis?), heading to Arizona.

cousinkix1953

Potus

There should be some increased activity just above the 24 HR NOAA weather report repeaters and the UHF military aircraft bands. (225-420 mhz.)...

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Haha I was going to say that's about the trickiest round-about way I've ever heard the 163-174 MHz federal band described! Interesting none the less. :)

Inigo

Big_Ears

Does AF-1 (et all) still use the Yankee-Zulu channel?? I havn't monitored it for quite some time.

linkousk

Redding TFR cancelled

FAA reports on 255.4 that Redding TFR is cancelled. 265.4 is also active.

Update: Now "On guard" warnings to an aircraft in Travis airspace.

Last edited:

Scanman6

Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks ColorodoRedlands, I don't have too much experience with Milair. I got off work and retasked my radios and must have just caught the tail end of the event. I never have heard Wizard. Comms were relaying radar info, wo i thought it was Bigfoot talking to Wizard. Anyway thanks. Every but helps. I wish I'd gotten back sooner. I had a pretty cool process going for awhile. I was using my 396 to scan and entering freqs into my 330 for channel scanning. I also had my ICR3 going, but had better luck with the unidens.

Status
Not open for further replies.