POTUS Visit to COS for AFA Graduation 6/1/2023 - Monitoring suggestions?

Mick

I located a list with Norad Blue freqs:

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
tcarro 15, The C zones are interop talk groups for any Fire, EMS or Police Department, or Utilities for an emergency situation, training or municipal events like fireworks, parades, etc.

I have no knowledge on any radio other than a Uniden.

One must have a Uniden SDS 100 or 200 to be able to clearly monitor any Simulcast system unless you are tied up to a cable attached to a Yagi antenna.

Granted anybody who can pick up a county tower like in Fountain or Mt Pittsburg, you can get most city and county talk groups. They are NOT simulcast so the other analog or Digital Phase 1 radios work just fine off of them.

C zones in Colorado Springs and El Paso County operate as follows: C 2, 3, 4, are operated by El Paso County agencies. C 5, 6 and 7 are Colorado Springs operations. C 8 is primarily used for emergencies at Colorado Springs Airport grounds. C 9 is Mutual Aid Coordination to assemble Strike Teams from the city to respond to the county and vice versa for major emergencies.

I hope that helps.
The Whistler/GRE/RS scanners do work well under some simulcast situations. I know that is not the norm, but they are far from useless and I am using the stock antenna. Both my GRE and RS upgraded radios match reception when I run the SDS100 with them. A set of batteries in the GRE/RS easily outlast the SDS on long time events. On game day at The Big House, I can listen from early morning to darkness on two sets of AA NiMh batteries while 2 expensive SDS batteries can't cover the same time period.