POTUS Visit - Trump2020 Rally - Wildwood 1/28/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBuff44

Should be a lot of activity Tuesday night in South Jersey. I imagine the NJICS / StateComs will be busy.

Wildwood Prepares to Host Trump

WILDWOOD - Preparations are underway for President Donald Trump’s visit to Wildwood, Jan. 28. According to U.S. Rep. Jeff Van Drew (R-2nd), the Wildwood rally has the highest ticket request (about 100,000, per media reports) of any of Trump’s close to 50 similar events across the nation, so far.
“It’s going to be a madhouse. It’s going to be fun,” Van Drew told the Herald. “It’s going to be a very, very busy day.”
Van Drew will fly in, from Washington, with Trump, on Air Force One, for the 7 p.m. rally at the Wildwoods Convention Center. While aboard, Van Drew said he hopes to discuss South Jersey with the president.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
According to media reports AF1 will be landing at the FAA Visitor Center, Atlantic City Int'l Airport at 5:45pm on Tuesday Jan 28th
I don't know what the FAA Visitor Center but it is more likely the FAA Technical Center. Thanks for the info. I work there so I will take my camera to work. Hopefully they will have a greeting line like they did when Bush 1 visited.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Mil Air CAP should be active, local, county , and state PD command post, as well as the usual Fed stuff...

It would also be a good time for you gents down there with Pro96Com and Unitrunker to maybe capture some of the possible USSS talkgroups that appear to be on the ICS and NJSP trunked.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
260.900 is very active with "Bogey 1" and believe itr or not I heard a blip on 123.4500

Justin - what you heard was just practice intercept training with a USCG helo and a CAP aircraft CAP2941. During the intercept practice the helo becomes Zombie 1 and the practice aircraft becomes Bogey 1. The activity was on 345.000 260.900 and 123.45. They do this perhaps 4-5 times per week (at different times). When a practice aircraft is not available -two USCG helos will take turns being the target or the interceptor.

Below is the track of the target aircraft from Flightradar 24.

While not actually related to the event on Tuesday----I am sure the USCG will be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.