Poughkeepsie City EMS Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul

City of Poughkeepsie 911 is now dispatching Mobile Life Support ambulances on a 460.325 MHz.repeater (PL 136.5). The repeater seems to have a very weak signal strength. Transmissions are stronger on the repeater input (same PL). I'm using a Uniden bcd325p2, located in the city. Anyone else experiencing this?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I think that repeater is located at the public safety building off of Main St.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Does it sounds like a patch? I thought MLSS also talkgroup on the OneVoice Mototrbo Connect Plus system.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Does it sounds like a patch? I thought MLSS also talkgroup on the OneVoice Mototrbo Connect Plus system.

No patch.

MLSS is the EMS provider for the City of Poughkeepsie. In the past City 911 would dispatch both fire and EMS on 453.650. Now they are dispatching EMS, and having EMS call out responding on 460.325.

If its an EMS call requires an FD response it will also go out on 453.650 as well as 460.325.

MLSS will still dispatch their units via OneVoice, the unit that is assigned to the call in the City of Poughkeepsie will call out with the City on the EMS channel.

paul

Thanks for the replies. In the original post I should have mentioned that I recently heard NYCOMCO do tests with City 911 on 460.325. The NYCOMCO tech told 911 that the repeater was now on College Hill & no longer at the Public Safety Building at 505 Main St. To me it sounds like a weak repeater transmitter. Unless something is wrong with my scanner - which seems OK on other signals, including City FD on 453.65. I'm still - today - getting stronger signal on the 460.325 input freq.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. In the original post I should have mentioned that I recently heard NYCOMCO do tests with City 911 on 460.325. The NYCOMCO tech told 911 that the repeater was now on College Hill & no longer at the Public Safety Building at 505 Main St. To me it sounds like a weak repeater transmitter. Unless something is wrong with my scanner - which seems OK on other signals, including City FD on 453.65. I'm still - today - getting stronger signal on the 460.325 input freq.

Could be possible that there might be some local interference to you that is causing the issue you are seeing on the 460.325 frequency. I had a wireless charger for my cellphone that would cause interference on all of my radios on the VHF and UHF bands if I was in the same room as the charger.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Also it could be possible that particular repeater might be putting less power out then the rest of the repeaters located at college hill. That's just speculation, there could be a number of reasons why it might come in weak at your location.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I hear both Dispatch and the EMS channel the same in Beacon. They come in pretty clear.

paul

Thanks for all the rep!ies - proves the value of Radio Reference! EMS is still noisy here. Maybe I'm just in a dead spot for the EMS frequency.

dmurphy78

I'm in the Spackenkill area of the Town and Fire Dispatch is fine, EMS channel is very quiet and scratchy. I would guess a lower power repeater or lower quality antenna/cables.

paul

I'm in the Spackenkill area of the Town and Fire Dispatch is fine, EMS channel is very quiet and scratchy. I would guess a lower power repeater or lower quality antenna/cables.
This is exactly what I am still hearing. Location on lower Main Street in the City.

Marauder

Dazed and Confused
This is exactly what I am still hearing. Location on lower Main Street in the City.
You are not alone, I pick up city 911 6500 crystal clear but the ems channel is unreadable 90 percent of the time, weak and scratchy

Marauder

Dazed and Confused
Hate to bump an old thread but due to it still being relevant on my end, is anyone having the issue still? I can barely catch the channel anymore at all

nozzlenut83

Hate to bump an old thread but due to it still being relevant on my end, is anyone having the issue still? I can barely catch the channel anymore at all
It's still the same. Reception depends on your location.
When in the City area, I get better reception on the input than I do on the repeater output.

Marauder

Dazed and Confused
It's still the same. Reception depends on your location.
When in the City area, I get better reception on the input than I do on the repeater output.
Copy that. Glad to hear it. It was messing with my head thinking something was wrong on my end as I am only about 5 miles north of the city in HP
I Will be sure to monitor EMS on the portable my next time I am in the city and see how much it improves. Gracias.

Status
Not open for further replies.