Power Cycle / Last Selected Talkgroup Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

1080iAddict

Guys,

I have the 996 installed in my vehicle. The power is cycled whenever the car is turned off and back on (power connected to switched power source to ignition).

My department is on a 800 Mot. Type II system. When I exit the vehicle, I do a number of things in an attempt to select a specific talkgroup that will power up upon ignition. In other words, if its 3 am and i get a run, i want the 996 to start on a specific talkgroup to monitor the call in the event it is cancelled, etc.

1. If the 996 is scanning and stops on a random channel on my trunked system, I'll hit hold to hold on that channel, and then turn the selector knob to the talkgroup of choice on that same system, and then turn off the vehicle (996 will be on hold on my channel of choice).

2. If the 996 is on hold on another channel already, I'll simply turn the selector knob to the talkgroup of choice on that same system, and then turn off the vehicle (996 will be on hold on my channel of choice).

3. If the 996 is scanning and not on hold, I will hit hold, and then direct entry the talkgroup, and then hit hold again, and then turn off the vehicle (996 will be on hold on my channel of choice).

However, the 996 will not 'always' remember the held channel when it powers up again. It 'appears' it starts on the last channel that had an active conversation and then holds on THAT channel, as opposed to the channel I set when I cut the ignition.

Is there any rhyme or reason for this?

Thanks...

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Some things aren't retained when power is dropped (like b/l level and, as you found, last manually selected channel). You can force retention by manually selecting the channel, then power cycling using the VOL/Power switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.