• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Power mic help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davy45

Hello

Im new to the whole world of CB radio's. I recently got a power mic for my rig which is wired the same as Uniden. The problem im having is that its always on Tx until you key the mic.

Obviously this is the wrong way around and not how it should be. My second problem is that the audio from the rigs speaker is dramatically low compared to a normal mic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Davy

KEWB-N1EXA

Acushnet Heights Radio 740
Its time to break out the Ohm Meter and Soldering Iron to change the wiring of the mic. It can be done through the connector
or getting into the Microphone and changing the switching wires. As for the Audio being low it could be needing to have the
Transmitt/Recieve switch wired correctly. As for the Microphone fresh battery
or you have an impedance issue it could also be wired wrong.
Here is a chart to get you started.
You can Help the Group By stating what kind of CB radio you have too and what Microphone.

Some mics have an internal switch for Relay or Electronic switching.

Peter N1EXA

1638540711861.png

Davy45

Its time to break out the Ohm Meter and Soldering Iron to change the wiring of the mic. It can be done through the connector
or getting into the Microphone and changing the switching wires. As for the Audio being low it could be needing to have the
Transmitt/Recieve switch wired correctly. As for the Microphone fresh battery
or you have an impedance issue it could also be wired wrong.
Here is a chart to get you started.
You can Help the Group By stating what kind of CB radio you have too and what Microphone.

Some mics have an internal switch for Relay or Electronic switching.

Peter N1EXA

View attachment 113094
I have all the wiring for the Microphone worked out.

Yellow - Audio
White - RX
Red - TX
Black - ground/Sheild

But when pluged in to the rig its on constant TX until you key the microphone then its on RX. A new battery was put into the microphone so can't be that. I'll open the microphone up and check the wiring inside.

The microphone is a generic one.
Brand is RS and stock number is Stock no.249-980

Cheers for the help!

prcguy

Try swapping the red and white wires.

I have all the wiring for the Microphone worked out.

Yellow - Audio
White - RX
Red - TX
Black - ground/Sheild

But when pluged in to the rig its on constant TX until you key the microphone then its on RX. A new battery was put into the microphone so can't be that. I'll open the microphone up and check the wiring inside.

The microphone is a generic one.
Brand is RS and stock number is Stock no.249-980

Cheers for the help!

KEWB-N1EXA

Acushnet Heights Radio 740
Sounds like the ground is in the wrong position. its forcing the transmit on.
lift the ground and see if the transmit is de activated~
and with an ohm meter find what pin is ground on the radio side and work from that point.
If you look at the chart I sent you the uniden can be wired 2 ways.

Davy45

Sounds like the ground is in the wrong position. its forcing the transmit on.
lift the ground and see if the transmit is de activated~
and with an ohm meter find what pin is ground on the radio side and work from that point.
If you look at the chart I sent you the uniden can be wired 2 ways.

Hello so I got the mic sorted out thanks to the chart you posted. The only problem I have now is that when it is plugged in to the rig the receive volume is very low I have to max out the volume to hear anything and even then it is extremely low.

prcguy

I think you need to start from scratch with the radio and find what pin is ground, which can be done with an ohmeter. Then short out the remaining pins to see which is receive and transmit, then while transmitting what remaining pin is the mic audio. Then map out your mic with an ohmeter for ground, TX and RX then the mic audio should have the shield around it. Then wire it up again the right way.

Hello so I got the mic sorted out thanks to the chart you posted. The only problem I have now is that when it is plugged in to the rig the receive volume is very low I have to max out the volume to hear anything and even then it is extremely low.

Status
Not open for further replies.