Power off glich? Home Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

carddude99

Since the latest firmware upgrade on my Home Patrol, I noticed (and it may have been happening before) that when you power off, the screen goes black for about 4 seconds or so and then a quick light flash along the frame of the screen occurs. Then it is off. Is this normal?

Thanks for all the feedback on the batteries. I just never will charge them until the light flashes to do so which I do not think will occur simply because I have it plugged in all the time with batteries to utilize all the features.

I think that they should work without batteries and/or the unit should automatically charge the precise amount when necessary.

HOPE UNIDEN HEARS ME

carddude99

got an answer

They told me to reset the hp1 and that worked. Now there is no blip when it turns off. But since I was on the phone they told me some other things which are in my next thread.
Daniel

carddude99

Uniden Customer Service "Answers"

Regarding Home Patrol 2

OK so here it goes. After 12 minutes on hold (Not that bad) the technician helped me with my screen dilemma. It turned off and then the screen flashed for a second before staying dark. He said that shouldn't happen and I am happy to report with a simple reset (Behind where the batteries go) it stopped.

However.... he told me the following

In standby (clock or weather alert with power save off and dimmer on) the unit should stay bright. It did, for about a minute. Then it went dark. When the power button was pushed it went bright again...for about a minute and then went to dark.

He said this should not happen but it always has. Anyone else have comments?

ON THE BATTERY ISSUE

He said the unit does get warm as batteries charge AND THERE IS an autmatic charge detector that turns off the charger when the batteries are charged.

Again, any comments on this.

My gut tells me Uniden is incorrect on the screen going dim. It should I believe go dim after a minute. But the battery issue? Not so sure one way or another.

Please advise!

Thanks Forum.
You are all great!
Daniel

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I've merged your two threads. Please keep the same situations/topics under one thread. Otherwise you will confuse people and/or get no help.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
my screen dims after a minute as well on clock / weather standby.

its possible if you have the settings set to \dim screen it does dim the screen even in standby clock mode

ill try to turn off my dim screen option and see if that makes a difference

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
even when you turn off the radio it says right on it if you can read it fast enough
"radio will stay on for one minute then turn off"

Status
Not open for further replies.