SDS100/SDS200: Power supply question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedTobias

Hi,
What are most using for the power supply for the SDS 100? My buddy just fot his and the supply they junked out anything better the ome I fot with mine last year is pretty nice cant find those on line.

Thanks so Much
Theodore

RadioSc

Doesn't play well with others
Are you asking what owners of a SDS 100 are using these days as a replacement for OEM power supply. Well if he has the Original charger then he's partially good. Only thing he needs as a replacement for OEM or better. is a SDS100 charging cable that has enough charging volts to power and charge the SDS100. You can find some cables on Amazon.com should find some cheap. Or you can purchase from Valley Enterprises they carry a wide variety of cables, radios, and communications equipment. I purchased my secondary charging cable from them. The cable works just like the OEM

Also owners are using a External battery charging docking station. The charging station also i think comes with a secondary battery

Attachments

• valley_logo.png
    valley_logo.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 14

Ubbe

The standard USB charger that have the higher ampere of 2.1A will work fine. What is important are that the voltage must not be much lower than 5volt or the scanner will stop in its tracks and display that low USB voltage text. I ordered several different chargers from china and one that actually has 5.2v at its output works best. There will be a big change in charge current depending of the exact voltage and dropping below 5.0v will give a longer charge time.

/Ubbe

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
The voltage you measure at the connector is not always the actual voltage you get when you plug it into the radio. 13 volts is not a good idea for a standard USB charging connector unless you like smoke. 5 volts should be more than sufficient.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
If you're asking about 13 volts, you don't fully understand the system. In that case, you might be better off sticking with OEM to take the guess work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.