power up problem on TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

santana

I may have left the TRX-1 on last night and the batteries went dead I think. Now the scanner will not power up with the power button. I have to reinsert the batteries to get it to turn on. Is there a fix for this problem? And I would like to thank everyone here for the opportunity to be a part of the forums and ask for help when needed for particular problems. thanks everyone for being here.

santana

I think I may have solved the problem, first I tried to update the CPU and I got an error report because I think it was update to the latest version. But then I tried to reinstall the firmware. I had the latest version. but it did let me reinstall the firmware again even though it was the latest version. So far the scanner has turned on with the power button. I will continue to evaluate the scanner. But I wanted to write a reply of my own just to let people know what they can try and if it works to reinstall the firmware. Which in my case it might have worked. at least the last three times the scanner turned on with the power button. thanks for being here everyone.

SCPD

QRT
I had a weird instance with mine I changed my SD card and have been fine since.P.S bigger SD card= longer load times

ab8sf

I noticed that if the scanner is turned on when I unplug it from the power in my vehicle, it shuts off and takes either an extended time to be able to turn it back on. That does not happen when using a wall charger. One time I actually had to take the batteries out and put them back in before I could turn it back on.

Ed6698

I noticed that if the scanner is turned on when I unplug it from the power in my vehicle, it shuts off and takes either an extended time to be able to turn it back on. That does not happen when using a wall charger. One time I actually had to take the batteries out and put them back in before I could turn it back on.

Says right in the owners manual scanner should be off when connecting or disconnecting from a power source.

Status
Not open for further replies.