SDS100/SDS200: Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubbe

It was mentioned that it will take longer to charge the battery if the scanner are on. But it will always use a 700mA charge current (if enabled at power on) until the battery is full. If the scanner are off it will draw 700mA from the power supply and if the scanner are on it will take something like 1700mA to both charge the battery and power the scanner electronics at the same time. Unless the firmware are doing something else now since UPman made that statement.

/Ubbe

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I just measured mine...

710mA radio off and charging
1470~1510mA (depending on if it's receiving or not) radio on and charging
740mA radio on and not charging.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I just measured mine...

710mA radio off and charging
1470~1510mA (depending on if it's receiving or not) radio on and charging
740mA radio on and not charging.
So that's how I understood it, in order to charge and run the radio at the same time you must have a 2A charger like the wall wart is.

I charge with the radio off and I charge with the radio on and it takes longer to charge fully when the radio is on.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
So that's how I understood it, in order to charge and run the radio at the same time you must have a 2A charger like the wall wart is.

I charge with the radio off and I charge with the radio on and it takes longer to charge fully when the radio is on.
That's the same behavior that I see as well.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
True, IF you choose in the Menu to charge while on. Otherwise it defaults to no charging while on only when off.
And I love that feature when I travel. With a 2A, 12V plug, I can drive the GPS, run the radio and charge the radio simultaneously. At the end of the trip, the radio remains charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.