PPB Service Desk

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
I don't normally monitor Multnomah County but I was just listening to MCSO Dispatch and the dispatcher told a deputy that service desk was waiting for him. I then heard him pop up on the PPB Service Desk TG. Is Service Desk normally used by other agencies than PPB? I always thought it was just for Portland Police.

pdx911

Dispatcher
It is used by any of our police partner agencies. The only ones we don't hear from a TON are Gresham, as they have "8100" (the unit number of their records clerk) and a specific Gresham records channel where they do most service desk-y things. But we do occasionally hear from them on our service desk as well.

uncledenny48

Also a foot note for the service desk, because BOEC is very short handed, they may not have the people to man the service desk so you may not hear anything for several hours. Correct me if I'm mistaken pdx911.

pdx911

Dispatcher
Also a foot note for the service desk, because BOEC is very short handed, they may not have the people to man the service desk so you may not hear anything for several hours. Correct me if I'm mistaken pdx911.

Exactly right. It’s sad for us when it has to happen too.