PPD Dispatch channels just beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimsone503

Am I new to radio? - Yes, however I believe I have a good handle on it. - I'm a nerd.

- I bought an SDS-100, its great, I love it.
- Police and Fire chatter is my favorite channels to surf
- I use the Sentinel software, seems pretty straight forward.

I've been programming the scanner with local fire and police channels, setting up favorites, and all has been well. Central Dispatch, East Dispatch and North Dispatch were the most entertaining. Multnomah County Sheriff has been decent as well. Unfortunately for reasons unknown, those channels just intermittently beep now. Almost like a delayed busy signal.

I updated the database on my SDS100 thinking these department channels may change from time to time and maybe things just needed a refresh.

No luck.

Like I said, the scanner was great at first, picking up all kinds of chatter.

I'm hoping someone in here could point me in the right direction toward setting up my SDS with some good police channels in the Portland Area.
THANK YOU!

uncledenny48

Hi
What's happening is that PPB has switched to Tac 1 which is encrypted, for all precincts during these protests. I don't think it's permanent from a couple of police sources I have. The command staff gave the order the other day when the rioters were downtown.

dimsone503

Being new to the addiction I thought I did something wrong. Appreciate the reply. While its down I'll take the opportunity to nerd out somewhere else. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.