PPL in Lincoln County Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanthewaves

Does anyone have the frequency for Pacific Power and Light in the Lincoln County area? yesterday we had a logging truck run into a power lines nearby here in Otis and we lost power, luckily it lasted an hour, could have been worse. I checked the two frequencies I had from before we moved into the area and I didn't get anything, This is what I have for the valley before we moved. 153.5150 and 153.6950 is it the same?

Thanks

kb6nzv

Does anyone have the frequency for Pacific Power and Light in the Lincoln County area? yesterday we had a logging truck run into a power lines nearby here in Otis and we lost power, luckily it lasted an hour, could have been worse. I checked the two frequencies I had from before we moved into the area and I didn't get anything, This is what I have for the valley before we moved. 153.5150 and 153.6950 is it the same?

Thanks

I believe PPL migrated to a TETRA system. If you look up FCC records for the parent corporation I believe you'll be able to confirm.

KB6NZV

kb6nzv

Both Pacific Power and Lincoln PUD serve Lincoln County. Here in Lincoln City, Pacific Power provides juice.
Lincoln PUD coverage goes all the way down to Hauser in northern Coos County, south of Reedsport.
I believe Pacific Power coverage goes north from Lincoln City into Tillamook County.
A coverage map would sure be a handy thing to have!

There is similar coverage overlap between Bandon Power and Coos Curry Electric with overlapping coverage between Langlois and Bandon.

I suppose Oregon PUD records could shed light on how this all came about, on that score I have no details.

kb6nzv

Thanks for finding that map!
Even though it may not be current in terms of date, I imagine little has changed.
That makes it pretty clear in having a better idea of how the service territories are carved up.

Unfortunately I'm not finding any activity on published frequencies, either.
I suppose they could be leasing airtime from a regional LMR provider.

scanthewaves

So based on the map and the fact that Tetra is encrypted is it safe to say no more monitoring Pacific Power?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.