PPSTN LIDs, do not have a TalkGroup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobile_1

I am seeing these new radios added to the system as of February 1st 2012.

I have not seen 2268### LIDs this high, before.
They do not have a TalkGroup for some reason. Why ?
They could just be "Virtual Users", but even they must also have TGs.
No channel grants seen.

Am I the only one seeing these LIDs ? Ve5Wil are you seeing these LIDs on sites 84 or 181?

See the data logs:

Last edited:

mobile_1

More RIDs without a TalkGroup

RID # 2268089 No TG ? No channel grants seen.
RID # 2268166 No TG ? No channel grants seen.

These were logged on site # 149 Estevan.
Thanks to bush_man for his logs data.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
On a legacy Motorola system nearby, I see the controller asking newly added radios to affiliate before they're even programmed and installed.

I wonder if these are radios that the system admin has added to the database that will be installed at some point?

The system has lost track of these radios since they're not yet on the air so it's requesting they affiliate.

mobile_1

Sask Highways Dept ?

On a legacy Motorola system nearby, I see the controller asking newly added radios to affiliate before they're even programmed and installed.

I wonder if these are radios that the system admin has added to the database that will be installed at some point?

The system has lost track of these radios since they're not yet on the air so it's requesting they affiliate.

I think that you are correct about this. Radio IDs starting with 226 are the new Motorola units. I have never seen these RIDs ending in the 8000 range before Febuary 1st of this year. Looking back at some old logs data, I see that when the new Fire/EMS radios were added to the system, they affiliated but showed no Talkgroups. When the OFC radio techs came out here the radios then stared to show the TalkGroups and get channel grants on the system.

These maybe Sask Department of highways new radios starting to show up on the system ? So new TGs should start showing up on the system ?

Status
Not open for further replies.