PPSTN Training Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohjo

simplex

They refer to the simplex channels. I wonder if the RCMP simplex ch. is the same as their old simplex channel? Fire simplex are easy to find as they are listed in the tafl.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
I liked the explanation of System drag which you hear on the Vancouver WARS-ECOMM system when a unit goes out of it's regular area. I'm sure it also makes it easy to monitor out of town units when they are in larger centers like Regina and Saskatoon.

The encryption note was also interesting to learn that they use the same talk groups for ENC and Clear. I guess that explains why on some groups you hear both in use at the same time. Does anyone know if ENC units get a beep everytime they transmit to warn that they are in the clear?

mobile_1

Encryption is off and who knows it ?

The encryption note was also interesting to learn that they use the same talk groups for ENC and Clear. I guess that explains why on some groups you hear both in use at the same time. Does anyone know if ENC units get a beep everytime they transmit to warn that they are in the clear?

On Febuary 14, 2012 one of the PPSTN dispatch radios went from encrypted to open P25. For 10 days I was able to hear all the dispatches made from that radio. That radio did 95% of the dispatching. No one knew about it. Why ?

When one of the mobiles goes off encryption, only I can hear that unit calling.
None of the other units, not even dispatch can here that unit. The LID will show but nothing will be heard. The mobile user has no idea what is wrong with the radio. Why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.