• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PPT Release courtesy tone(beep)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VNR5338

On the VHF / XTs5000 or XTL5000 radios: Is there a way to configure a PTT release tone (beep) that is transmitted in P25 Astro mode? In reading help files I only see it for Non-Astro mode.
Thank You. Richard

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Are you talking about a tone so that when you release the key the radio will squawk for others to here it? It's like having a MDC? If so, you can do a MDC and just set it to go off at the end of your transmission. I have mine at the beginning so that way I have to wait for it to sound off before I can talk (ensuring that I don't start talking before I have connection).

VNR5338

Correct. Just with the tone when you release the PTT. Will that work in digital Astro mode?

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Don't see why not. If your radio is MDC capable, it should be in the software. There is a school bus system that works off of a standard (non TRS) 800 frequency and when they release the mic key, it gives a DTMF!

jsikora

MDC does not work in ASTRO mode. Kinda defeats the purpose of P25 doesn't it ? In addiiton these features are not even selectable once you switch it to ASTRO.

bezking

MDC does not work in ASTRO mode. Kinda defeats the purpose of P25 doesn't it ? In addiiton these features are not even selectable once you switch it to ASTRO.
True. Not sure why you would want do squawk an arbitrary tone at the end of the transmission. Maybe there is a better option, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

eclipse175

I do not believe you can setup any tones to go off pre or post transmission on any motorola equip.... Obviously we need more info on what you are trying to do... and what type of system or environment you are using it in

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
I do not believe you can setup any tones to go off pre or post transmission on any motorola equip.... Obviously we need more info on what you are trying to do... and what type of system or environment you are using it in

Yeah i agree, the only "tones" that ive heard are acutally real "tones" such as MDC1200, GESTAR, MODAT........ ive never heard of any Moto stuff just beeping - except of course most brand's GMRS radios. they all have a tone after you off key.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
You can have a DTMF of 1-4 tones on quite a few Motorola radio's. What I believe he would like to have is a courtesy tone like repeaters have after you drop the key. That is why I juse the MDC on mine so when I'm on simplex they will know when I'm finished talking.

eclipse175

yes spectra but you can NOT use MDC in ASTRO mode...... it is NOT available on Astro personalities in motorola CPS programming.

carterblumeyer

Premium Subscriber
The tone is the "Clear" Traffic Alert.. it is sent out to tell people that you are broadcasting in the clear and not encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.