Prayer Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
I am not one to usually ask for things like this especially for myself but it is really scary to have a test done and it comes back with more questions than answers and the doctor is concerned.

A little rundown of what is going on. Well I have been vomiting blood for a couple of weeks now and been to the ER several times. Went to a GI doctor last week and he set up an upper endoscopy that I have done today. Wasn't bad at all the sedation medicine is some good stuff. lol. Well all the ER docs that I saw and even the GI doc was thinking bleeding ulcer. Well there is no bleeding ulcer and he found that my esophagus is really thin near my stomach and sent off a piece of that area for biopsy. His (and mine too) main concern is that over the past couple of weeks I've lost about 10 pounds. Which for a skinny guy like myself isn't good. So Thursday I have to get a barium CT scan done. Then the GI doctor is going to be out of town for a couple of weeks. When he gets back I have to have a colonoscopy done. Not really looking foward to it but I will be knocked out again. Biggest part that I am not looking foward to is the prep. My dad had on recently and I know it isn't fun (as I am sure some of our oldder members here can attest lol). I mean I am in good spirits but at the same time I am scared out of my mind not knowing what is wrong with me.

EJB

Aaron:
I cant speak about what you are going thru for myself but you will be ok.
The drugs you get means you wont feel a thing (and thats a good thing). My boss has had your procedure several times and he was even returned to work on the same day as it was done (although he is an old school stubborn fool at times).

Hope for the best and keep your spirits up!
Eric-Burl Ont Canada

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Prayer

Yep been there also back in Dec.08 when I took a flu shot and almost died, the first one I ever took and the last. I had all those test run and more checking for blood lost but none found. Keep Spirit up as said before and I'll remember you Stick0413

EJB

Yep been there also back in Dec.08 when I took a flu shot and almost died, the first one I ever took and the last. I had all those test run and more checking for blood lost but none found. Keep Spirit up as said before and I'll remember you Stick0413
What hapenned to you with your flu shot if i might ask?

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Flu shot

Hi EJB well it's really is a long story but ended up I was very allergic to mercury that they put in the flu shot as a preservatives to make the shot last longer. Once in the body they couldn't get it out and almost died from it and I do mean died. they almost gave up on me, remember back in the 70's they had people die and became all messed up because they put too much mercury in the shots.( if you are that old) most people don't even know what they put in them shots (pardon my spelling---need to go back to school)
Anyway all my doctors told me to never take another one or I may die so guess I will run from now on

EJB

Hi EJB well it's really is a long story but ended up I was very allergic to mercury that they put in the flu shot as a preservatives to make the shot last longer. Once in the body they couldn't get it out and almost died from it and I do mean died. they almost gave up on me, remember back in the 70's they had people die and became all messed up because they put too much mercury in the shots.( if you are that old) most people don't even know what they put in them shots (pardon my spelling---need to go back to school)
Anyway all my doctors told me to never take another one or I may die so guess I will run from now on
One of the reasons why my wife did not want the shot is because of the mercury.
Sometimes it pays to listen to wives. Thank you for sharing and Aaron, sorry for hyjacking the thread.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
One of the reasons why my wife did not want the shot is because of the mercury.
Sometimes it pays to listen to wives. Thank you for sharing and Aaron, sorry for hyjacking the thread.
No worries for the hijack. The mercury is the reason my daughter didn't get either the H1N1 nor the regular flu shot. Her neurologist even recommended against it. Thanks to both of you for the prayers.

hoser147

Aaron, Wish ya the best. It always sounds bad, but they are quite good at what they do. Have faith and Stand Tall. I myself ended 09 on a rough note, and still goin Just keep bizy and remember, One day at a time.........

Status
Not open for further replies.