[Pre-AWIN] Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Does anyone still have a list of the State Parks lowband frequencies and CTCSS tones, from before they migrated to AWIN?

I recently purchased at auction a bunch of their old lowband radios (42-50 MHz bandsplit), which my intent was to repurpose to six meter amateur band.

All I have able to glean so far is this, prior to their arrival:

46.56000..............Crowleys Ridge State Park
46.54000...173.8 PL...Lake Catherine State Park*
46.56000..............Lake Charles State Park
46.54000..............Lake Freierson State Park
46.56000...173.8 PL...Mt. Nebo State Park
46.54000..............Old Davidsonville State Park

Thank you in advance.

Mark C. KB4CVN

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Just out of curiosity, are you just wanting to know what to expect them to be programmed with? Or are you just curious? Sorry, I don't have the info but I was just wondering. If you're curious what they'll be programmed with you may just want to wait until they arrive and then use the "close call" feature of a scanner (Uniden, at least...and others?) to see what freq and tone is programmed in each channel.

Perhaps someone else will come along with the other info if you are really needing to know for some other reason.

PS: i'm also Mark C. Small world!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Now that's way way back my friend... Like 70s back... ADPT moved up to VHF High in the 80s if I recall, then had very small use of the original State TRS (ASPs 800 MHz Motorola SmartZone), before the P25 conversion.

wbswetnam

That would work, assuming that the radios are in working order. There may not be any PL tone, however... I don't think that tone suppression came into use until the early to mid 1980s.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Well, well, well... ADPT keeping Low Band alive in AR. It definitely gives them good range off the mtns., and better coverage in some spots until they build (if) those planned expansion sites with the AWIN improvement project.

javajolts

Just curious MILF, RR has been the go to place for frequencies for many years. They should have a Data Library some where ? I have filed mine "somewhere"....but that's another Memory lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.