Pre-programmed sites for a BC246T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldglide

I deleted all the pre-programmed locations, duh, on my BC246T because I wanted all the memory space I could get. I would like to know if I can get these pre-programmed sites anywhere and re-install them sometime in the future.

spooney

They are still stored in the scanner and if at any time you want them back simply save your current programming in the software program of your choice. Then do the scanner reset thing and at the beginning of the reset a message will ask you if you want to save or not save the pre-programmed files and just answer yes and then re-install your previous programming and you're done.

captclint

Mentor
They are still stored in the scanner
I said the same thing a while ago, and was corrected. The 246 does not restore preprogrammed channels. If desired, someone can attach a file of the original programming if we know what software you are using.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The preloaded data is progressively getting more outdated. That load was basically created in 2004...a lot of radio systems have changed since then. Still good to use as a template for programming, and some systems are surely still OK. But, the value of the preloaded data is pretty rapidly diminishing.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As did I; however, UPMan's point is well taken - in 6 years, a lot has changed. You would do better to use a web service aware app and pull data from our database, then having to restore outdated info

73 Mike

rvictor

For whatever current value it might have, here's the data in ARC246 format. Even if you don't own that program, I suspect that you could download the trial version to use this data. It's been zipped so that I could upload it.

Dick

Attachments

• preprogrammed_systems.zip
    64.7 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.