Premium Membership for providing feeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSEMT219

I have my feed running and it shows I have a premium membership now and my ARC8 software for my BCT8 won't connect so I can program my scanner. I'm wanting to import some trunk settings. Anyone know why this might happen?

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Well im looking at your feed and it shows offline. Your feed has to be online to receive premium.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Membership

Well im looking at your feed and it shows offline. Your feed has to be online to receive premium.

OMG you mean it checks REAL TIME to see if the feed is online to determine membership status? GEESH, and I thought the 360 day thing was silly, I mean why not 1 year? So if you log in the DB and your feed goes OFFLINE you can't have access? What if the reason your FEED is offline is to do some reprogramming of your FEED scanner?

KC9LVX Evansville, IN feed

LSEMT219

Check it now. I have it up and running. I figured out my problem. I had to download the newest version of my software.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
OMG you mean it checks REAL TIME to see if the feed is online to determine membership status? GEESH, and I thought the 360 day thing was silly, I mean why not 1 year? So if you log in the DB and your feed goes OFFLINE you can't have access? What if the reason your FEED is offline is to do some reprogramming of your FEED scanner?

KC9LVX Evansville, IN feed

Yes its real time. This is in place so the premium is not abused. Before, we did have it where you have the premium as long as you had a feed but people would only bring their feed up a day and down for 2 weeks. If your feed is offline there is no premium. If the feed remains offline for 3 weeks than its removed.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Feed Dropping

No need to take FEED offline as I now use REAR Serial port for TAGS and front port for programming. The FEED remains online albeit "QUIET" while uploading and downloading data. The reason I asked the question was some folks don't have that option. At any rate my status (at least til MAY) should be OK whether online or offline as I PAID last time.

eaf1956
KC9LVX Evansville, In Feed

Then get your data first, then take the feed offline.

mikeoz

Premium Subscription Scanner Feed

I don't agree with immediate revocation of the premium subscription when taking down the scanner feed. There is always maintenance with the computer and such. There should be at least a 1 hour delay so we may take the scanner down and use this subscription to improve our feed by updating talk groups and frequencies.

I understand that there are some abusers out there but for us that have a feed up over 99% of time are paying a penalty.

I have been a paid subscriber for years. Why not at least give us credit as I put up a feed while still being a paid subscriber?

Sorry for the long rant

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Paid Subscription

I don't agree with immediate revocation of the premium subscription when taking down the scanner feed. There is always maintenance with the computer and such. There should be at least a 1 hour delay so we may take the scanner down and use this subscription to improve our feed by updating talk groups and frequencies.

I understand that there are some abusers out there but for us that have a feed up over 99% of time are paying a penalty.

I have been a paid subscriber for years. Why not at least give us credit as I put up a feed while still being a paid subscriber?

Sorry for the long rant

Don't feel like the lone wolf, I put up 2 feeds and I am still a PAID Subscribers for about another month I think. Maybe with 2 feeds one can be down and since the other is UP the membership will remain. Problem there is they are BOTH on the same computer and if the computer needs a REBOOT they both go down for a few minutes. Not really a problem for me though.

KC9LVX Evansville, IN and Henderson, KY feeds

sfd119

It really hasn't been a problem for me. If your feed is not up, then why get a premium subscription? The whole point of live audio is to have up time, not down time.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Data

Then get your data first, then take the feed offline.

The reason I don't do it this way is I D/L the Scanner into ARC or FREESCAN then I Modify systems or ADD stuff via RR. Therefore, when the scanner is being D/Led (if you don't have 2 RS232 ports for it) your feed goes down. Granted, you could just turn TAGS off for a bit. What I do is feed the TAG info with the rear ports on the 996T and 996XT and use a USB-1 cable to the Front port to program the scanners. The FEED goes QUIET while UP and DOWN loading but remains ONLINE. Works out really well for me this way.

KC9LVX Evansville, In and Henderson, KY feeds

hoser147

This has come up before and probably will again. To bad that some people will always try and find a way to abuse the system. Even with an hour some will abuse the privilege. With that hour they could take all the downloads they wanted and drop the feed altogether. So Im sure its the best avenue that Lindsay and the admin staff has come up with to date. Really the only other way would be some sort or Rating system to rate the providers and have different settings for them. it may not be feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.