Premium membership with Crypto - How long does it take to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dq0uv724

I am trying to understand timeframes for free account to be upgraded to Premium Membership?
I made a DAI payment, and my withdrawl to the address is showing as completed.
I go into the account, but my account is still free user.

What is a typical timeframe after a payment is successfully completed before account is upgraded to premium?

dq0uv724

So, I am supposed to receive an email once its upgraded to premium? I checked, and no emails, even in SPAM. I get a feeling, someone has to manually grant it?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
So, I am supposed to receive an email once its upgraded to premium? I checked, and no emails, even in SPAM. I get a feeling, someone has to manually grant it?

Please remember, when paying with DAI you are using a third party. When you click on the payment link it takes you to commerce.coinbase.com/checkout. This being a holiday weekend there may be a delay if human approval/notification is involved.

If you pay with a credit/debt card you are paying RR directly and you get the email within minutes. I would give it until Wednesday and reach out to Coinbase to see what the delay is.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Original poster, I'm sure that you know that crypto is in total chaos right now, well over $60,000 a Bitcoin in November of 2021 and it has slipped to under $30,000 now. Very volatile, brokers are going out of business right and left as the bottom fell out.

Brokerage houses are being sold as we speak at fire sale prices..NOTHING.. which is basically what Bitcoin is worth to many people who bought it in the last few years.

dq0uv724

Raleigh, I am not sure what you are referring to. I just clicked on DAI, and it gave me a wallet address. I sent payment from my Exchange to the DAI Address, and within 30 minutes, my exchange stated Withdrawl is completed. I don't see where a third party would need to be involved.

The entire reason for crypto to exist, is for transfers between two parties without middle men/i.e Banks/Third parties. You simply send from one wallet to another.

Once a transaction is completed, Funds have exchanged hands, and have reached the destination wallet, no ifs or butts.

Last edited:

dq0uv724

trentbob, I am not sure how btc price/exchanges going out of business has anything to do with a transaction. I have made many crypto transactions, and using stable currencies like USDT, USDC etc negates the price fluctutation. Also, exchanges going out of business has no impact on your wallets, unless they are on exchanges, which I wonder why ANYONE would ever leave theirs on an exchange.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Raleigh, I am not sure what you are referring to. I just clicked on DAI, and it gave me a wallet address. I sent payment from my Exchange to the DAI Address, and within 30 minutes, my exchange stated Withdrawl is completed. I don't see where a third party would need to be involved.

The entire reason for crypto to exist, is for transfers between two parties without middle men/i.e Banks/Third parties. You simply send from one wallet to another.

Once a transaction is completed, Funds have exchanged hands, and have reached the destination wallet, no ifs or butts.

Well apparently the link you clicked on, and paid, will then pay RR, you didn't pay RR directly. Very few crypto transactions are direct, it is not like you hand me cash and walk away, there is almost always a middle man handling the transactions.

But hey, whatever, sorry for trying to give you one possible option. Hope you will get it resolved quickly.

dq0uv724

Well apparently the link you clicked on, and paid, will then pay RR, you didn't pay RR directly. Very few crypto transactions are direct, it is not like you hand me cash and walk away, there is almost always a middle man handling the transactions.

But hey, whatever, sorry for trying to give you one possible option. Hope you will get it resolved quickly.

Thanks for your efforts, but the more you explain, the more I am getting confused because the entire reason for blockchain to exist is to cut out the middlemen.

It literally is like me taking out cash from my wallet, and placing it in your wallet, without you or anyone else needing to do anything, other than recording the transaction(which is done automatically).
The entire process is automated/recorded in the blockchain. If on my side, a confirmation is received, it means the payment has made it to the wallet.

I make crypto payments on the regular, and as soon as I receive a confirmation on blockchain that payment is completed, I contact the receiver, or he contacts me with txid, which can allow verification of funds transfer.....

This 3rd party processing IMHO makes no sense! even with coinbase involved because the process is still the same/automated.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
trentbob, I am not sure how btc price/exchanges going out of business has anything to do with a transaction. I have made many crypto transactions, and using stable currencies like USDT, USDC etc negates the price fluctutation. Also, exchanges going out of business has no impact on your wallets, unless they are on exchanges, which I wonder why ANYONE would ever leave theirs on an exchange.
The reason people go with exchanges is they don't understand cryptocurrency, they're looking for security or a backup dependent on a third party company.

Think of it as an investment Bank like Bear Stearns who was bailed out or Lehman Brothers who was not bailed out and was not FDIC backed, everyone lost, every dime.. Out of fairness, I remember a friend who bought half a Bitcoin for $300 LOL, oh just sold, late January LOL. Totally missed the highs but nade an absolute Fortune but the bottom has fallen out now, the stock market from It's all time highs is in the total Crapper totally dependent on policy and it's done on purpose.

We are now into our second month of a very deep recession unless of course you watch the mainstream State media:D.

It's funny I just renewed my premium subscription for $15, always do that because I don't want to waste the money in case I die before then. I use my MasterCard which I owe nothing on except now.. $15.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
you should have been credited automatically - unless you entered an email address that doesn’t match our system or the payment was delayed enough on the blockchain that prices changed out of tolerance with the subscription payments - requiring manual intervention, I’ll get caught up with support tickets in the morning.

most common problem with crypto payments is someone enters in one of their 425 e-mail addresses they own that doesn’t match the email we have on record for the user, so we don’t know who to credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.