Premium membership with Crypto - How long does it take to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dq0uv724

I made crypto payment on July 3rd. Since then, I have not received premium.
Not only has radio reference taken my payment, They will not reply to any emails I have sent them with Wallet details/tx-id.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I also agree Buddy, radio references is not looking to rip off anybody's $30. Probably there is no more that can be done on RR's part..

As I have said cryptocurrency is in turmoil, 8 months ago in November 2021 Bitcoin was $68,000 a coin and recently went down to $18,000 a coin and today is around $22,000 a coin. It has been a complete collapse and disaster. Like who didn't know that was going to happen?

However you are doing this, there has got to be a 1-800 customer service number for you to call to find out what happened. So many firms have gone out of business because another firm went out of business because another firm went out of business. It's been a domino effect.
We have too many members here to be a ripoff you need to look at your 2nd hand people. Like I said been here 20 plus years myself.

dq0uv724

Speaks more to the hazard of using crypto currency than the hazard of dealing with online vendors.

At some point he'll realize he learned a lesson.

Lesson learned here is that the Old Middlemen are once again doing what crypto is to replace, getting involved in the middle, taking fees, while providing nothing but problems for senders and receivers to appear Important. Mark my words, THESE EVIL Banks/3rd parties WILL BE ELIMINATED.

Sending Crypto from one wallet, to another is a simple basic process, except when Middlemen are involved.
Here Coinbase is the unnecessary party(the middle man, the evil bank) that is causing issues, not RR.

I have done many crypto transactions, and never an issue, but this one I will chalk it up to Greedy Middle men/Evil Coinbase stealing funds, and will move on. I have no issues with RR, and love the site.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Lesson learned here is that the Old Middlemen are once again doing what crypto is to replace, getting involved in the middle, taking fees, while providing nothing but problems for senders and receivers to appear Important. Mark my words, THESE EVIL Banks/3rd parties WILL BE ELIMINATED.

Sending Crypto from one wallet, to another is a simple basic process, except when Middlemen are involved.
Here Coinbase is the unnecessary party(the middle man, the evil bank) that is causing issues, not RR.

I have done many crypto transactions, and never an issue, but this one I will chalk it up to Greedy Middle men/Evil Coinbase stealing funds, and will move on. I have no issues with RR, and love the site.
So I'm curious, do you have any kind of 800 number to call for customer service or inquiries? Is it totally out of your hands with nothing that you can do about this? I assume the money was taken from your wallet but never received by radio reference. No accountability from anybody?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
800 numbers are so 55 years ago, doubt that the crypto "powers that be" have ever heard of them. They went out of style along with rotary phones & wringer washers :ROFLMAO:
Yeah they always want to chat. I don't like chatting, I always call the 800 number, I've had to do it recently with Blue Cross, Comcast and Sprint T-Mobile. The two last calls I couldn't understand a word they were saying. I just feel bad for the poster that there is no way to seek accountability. I know a lot of people have had a lot of money stolen from them in the crypto world. I wouldn't touch it with a 10-ft pole but still.

It's been over a month and he still doesn't have a premium membership.

n0esc

Feed Provider
OP mentioned Coinbase in an earlier comment which while on the more reputable side of things compared to some options, and does indeed have a customer service number 1-888-908-7930, is only another middleman in this case, acting as a broker in the exchange of crypto to USD. Guessing Coinbase will point the finger at MakerDAO, they'll blame Coinbase, and both will blame the payment processor RR uses. Depending on how OP funded the transaction initially, maybe someone gets to blame their traditional brick and mortar bank too.

I have a lot less friction in my personal life by cutting out as many of these layers of middlemen as possible. Too many places for things to have little glitches and absolutely no one wants to take any ownership in the issue where they should, and in the case of crypto and designed anonymity, the accountability you have with a traceable transaction simply disappears.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Yeah they always want to chat.
They want to chat so that a customer service person can handled multiple cases simultaneously. A friend used to work at a call center for a travel company. His case handling quota required that he answer emails, answer phone calls, and participate in online chats all at the same time. And, his quota required that he try to up-sell every customer he dealt with. If possible, you have to escalate to a "supervisor" or higher-level CSA to get anything done that goes off the script that the first-level CSAs use.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber

Yeah the situation for you here really sucks. Normally the transaction would have taken 3 to 5 days if not sooner and you would have had your premium subscription.

It's peaked my interest and I looked into coinbase (COIN). It's interesting that a "now" former employee was arrested for insider trading in July and the word is on the street that the SEC launched an investigation of coinbase in Late July.

It was announced on Thursday that coinbase joined Black Rock in a deal to buy and sell cryptocurrency like Bitcoin which was at a high of $68,500 last November and now sits at $23,100. Coinbase stock went up almost 5%.. evil sounds about right, I appreciate your frustration.

They want to chat so that a customer service person can handled multiple cases simultaneously. A friend used to work at a call center for a travel company. His case handling quota required that he answer emails, answer phone calls, and participate in online chats all at the same time. And, his quota required that he try to up-sell every customer he dealt with. If possible, you have to escalate to a "supervisor" or higher-level CSA to get anything done that goes off the script that the first-level CSAs use.

Oh I hear that, I always pity the customer service rep who tries to sell me something or upgrade my service with a money-saving package that will double my monthly payment LOL I'm like a brick wall with these people.

Nobody's going to sell me anything that I'm not already in the market for and I initiate the purchase. They do try though.

nsrailfan6130

Ever since crypto has been in existence, I've had no real use for it. Maybe it's just the old schooler in me, but, I have found that using debit/credit is so much easier & so much safer for me when I am renewing my premium. But to each their own. I'd have to do whole ton of research before using something like this. I'd get my transactions on here done a whole lot quicker. Hopefully the op gets the answers he needs.

Yeah they always want to chat. I don't like chatting, I always call the 800 number, I've had to do it recently with Blue Cross, Comcast and Sprint T-Mobile. The two last calls I couldn't understand a word they were saying. I just feel bad for the poster that there is no way to seek accountability. I know a lot of people have had a lot of money stolen from them in the crypto world. I wouldn't touch it with a 10-ft pole but still.

It's been over a month and he still doesn't have a premium membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.