premium membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcox

Got a receipt for my payment of a year of premium membership, yesterday (#200020) but I still don't have premium status for programming my scanner or downloading files, etc. I know yesterday was a holiday. Is that the cause for the delay? -- Thanks

tomcox

#premium membership?

I sort of expected that the process was automated, maybe with somebody in charge of auditing from home or via smart phone, just as a check. I still don't get a login to the premium section.

Tom, KT9OM
Charlotte, TN

tomcox

Premium Membership?

Got my scanner, installed and connected to antenna.
Got programming software, Proscan, paid for, installed and running.
Got a programming cable, installed and running.
Got a receipt for $30 for my premium membership,
BUT NO PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP.
Anybody home, RR?

mrkelso

It's the weekend with Friday being a holiday. The office will probably open again on Monday.

tomcox

premium membership?

Thought about that. The site accepted my payment on the holiday. Seems like adding a premium account would be automated, too.

Tried the cache flush, and even a different browser, but no. And ProScan sees a non-premium membership, too.

I'm not mad, just annoyed that RR has my $, I'm all set to try it out, and I can't. I see from the forums that I'm not the only one this has happened to.

djg320

Premium Subscriber
It was instant for me, so this is puzzling to see. It seemed as though it was an automated process. Maybe this is something recent?

tomcox

Yeah. I don't understand it. I figured it was automated, too, like the issuance of the receipt email. Seems like an online business would have that figured out, since it doesn't involve shipping merchandise, or even sending a file. Odd.

RBMTS

RR is run by volunteers. Someone needs to activate your premium account. They probably have been busy. Per the instructions, send an email to "support@radioreference.com" and someone will probably assist you very quickly.

djg320

Premium Subscriber
See, that gets me going a bit. Volunteers or not, that money towards a premium subscription is not exactly a donation. If an individual is paying for a service, they more than have grounds for a complaint if they are going several days without receiving said service. I know some businesses are still wired this way, but it's the same idea with feeds - I applied to change my feed and waited the weekend for it to be affected. As a volunteer providing services to THEM, it was a little trying. Lindsay is receiving revenue from this. I don't know how the leads are taken care of, nor do I care - but I can't quite wrap my head around there not being some sort of solution to either notice or chip away at applications beyond a strictly traditional business week. Especially so, if there are services and money in limbo (for a relatively extended period of time).

There is an opportunity I see, with a couple of the recent posts on here. Unnecessary alienation.

Last edited:

tomcox

djg320 -- Well said. I agree. A business is a business. I understood my payment to be a payment, not a contribution.

The good news for me is that THIS IS RESOLVED, AS OF LAST EVENING.

MEMBERSHIP UPGRADED. THANK YOU, RR/SCANNERMASTERS.

Tom, KT9OM

drdeputy

Premium Subscriber
djg320 -- Well said. I agree. A business is a business. I understood my payment to be a payment, not a contribution.

The good news for me is that THIS IS RESOLVED, AS OF LAST EVENING.

MEMBERSHIP UPGRADED. THANK YOU, RR/SCANNERMASTERS.

Tom, KT9OM

I solved my issue by logging out and back in, which is probably like clearing the cache. Anyway, I'm ok now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.