premium subscription and HP2 Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premium Subscriber
I have upgraded to the Radio Reference Premium Subscription. How does Sentinel recognize your subscription allowing know trunking talk groups to be uploaded into the HP2

Thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
With Sentinel, you don't need any RR subscription. Uniden has a contract with RR, and you pay for database updates in Sentinel when you buy a Uniden scanner. Simply update the database in Sentinel.

marksmith

You don't use RR to upload data to the HP radios. You use Sentinel to do this, a free app that comes with the radios.

You also use Sentinel to update firmware when changes take place.

The data updated by Sentinel originates at RR but Uniden supplies to scanner owners.

Mark
536/436/HP1/HP2/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for responding guys, If I'm doing a search review and the HP2 states the talk group is "known" do you have to enter the user manually?

Thanks

marksmith

If I understand the question, then the answer is yes. However, you can't scan a search review. You would need to enter the description into a favorites list to scan.

If you chose one option, it will put in a description for anything in the database during search. In other case you would get a lot of unknowns

Mark
536/436/HP1/HP2/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Sounds to me like you're reviewing a Trunking Discovery session and have (had) "Compare to Database" turned on (during the discovery session). The scanner will list talkgroups as "known" when they come up in discovery and are already in the scanner's internal memory. What "known" means in this case is, "I've already got this talkgroup, so I'm skipping it and checking for others".

Discovery Mode is used for finding new talkgroups on a system. It will listen (and record) talkgroups for a period of time (relating to the timeout timers you set up in the session settings) so that you can listen later and try to figure out what the talkgroups are used for. If you turn "Compare to database" ON, it will do as I said above. If you turn "Compare to database" OFF, it will treat every talkgroup it comes across as undiscovered and record it as new.

If you haven't already, browse to the Easier to Read Manual for the HP2. It'll help out a lot. I've owned all kinds of scanners over the years including several HPs and I still refer to the Easier to Read Manuals from time to time to look something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.