Premium Subscription required for everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectreOZ

Perhaps to share ideas? experiences? and just generally "shoot the breeze" with like minded enthusiasts from all over the world (that's what I do) :D

Last edited:
That's what FB is for. :) I just came here to get some frequencies. I couldn't download them (premium required) and I couldn't get the printable list (Premium required) so I copied and pasted the table in a csv.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Wish I would have known because I would not have registered at all....

What's the point?

Premium subscription is certainly not required for "everything". You are not a premium subscriber, and you are posting on the forums aren't you?...

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

What's the point?

Premium subscription gives you access to the database via remote applications, such as programming applications that allow you to program your scanner without having to type in every frequency.

Everything on the site is free -- Forum access -- Database information. The only thing you pay for with a Premium subscription is the convenience of being able to use your favorite scanner programming application to program your scanner by downloading the content [from RR, via the web].

You could use all RadioReference information freely... no subscription... and simply program your scanner by hand.

Mike

n5ims

Don't forget that a premium subscription is also required for access to the classified section. Now this isn't for the income, but to provide a better way to prevent fraud/scams since to register you must give the site some personal information about yourself (name, address, etc.) so when there's fraud they can provide that information to the PD when a subpoena is issued to the Lindsay for that information to aid in the prosecution of and recovery from the scammer.

dmg1969

You typed a message in a forum in which we can all ask and answer questions, share ideas, give and take advice, share photos of our setups and installs....all with no Premium membership required. And I AM not a Premium member. Geez.....

What's the point?

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987

What's the point?

Mr. Blanton (the website owner) and company do a terrific job here with Radio Reference, and as much as I am on the site, utilizing its resources, I want to give something back. A premium subscription, I'm sure, helps defray the costs of running a site such as this. That's "the point," at least for me.

As others have mentioned, there are a plethora of things you can do here on RR without a premium subscription. Take advantages of those resources. Learn. Grow. Contribute. Have fun. Radio Reference is what you make it.

:)

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
I think we all as users, new or old, in any type of radio scanning, monitoring, enjoyment of listening to other parts of the world, having a ham license, etc., become new to new user boards and need to learn how it is set up.

If there is a subscription, we need to look and read as to what one gets for that subscription. Sometimes we see it and but we don't read it completely. Even to the point if we are looking for on specific thing, we can be focus on that specific thing and not realize some of the other things available.

Thee are some user boards that one has to pay to even access it. However generally, one can get most of the info from the free boards.

IMO: If you use the board a lot and have a need to access the frequency's to program a scanner, etc.,
and use the free software to assist in the programming with out having to add possible several hundred by hand, it would be worth it to save the frustration alone, let alone to start one drinking :) ..

I understand where you are coming from, but as others have said everything else is free and accessible. I sounds like you were able to to still get the info you were looking for, but maybe not in the way you wanted " so I copied and pasted the table in a csv. ".

In the short time I have been here and from reading the various forums, I also believe that the small amount to get the Premium Subscription, is a small token to the forum owner to help defray the costs of the server and posting and up keep .

With all that said, welcome to RadioReference, take your time, look through the various forums, threads and posts. You will be amazed at the different kinds of info available.

Meskoman

I basically became a "Premium Subscriber" just to show support for the site. Really don't post much but I sure learn a lot!

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Just cough up the $30 bucks. It gives you a year. You will be helping yourself, the site and others who use this site everyday.

I do not use the software and RR to do my scanner list, I do it the old fashion way with my fingers. I just subscribed because I want to help keep this site going. It is THE ONLY site that has everything you are looking for related to scanners, radios, antennas and the biggest part FREQUENCIES all in ONE place!

Besides after what some of us pay for our "toy's", we get information on here for pennies!

SCPD

QRT
That's what FB is for. :) I just came here to get some frequencies. I couldn't download them (premium required) and I couldn't get the printable list (Premium required) so I copied and pasted the table in a csv.

I have been a premium member on and off for several years as I could afford it. Site has been helpful to you in acquiring frequencies which you have made a csv and been able to use.
That's the benefits of not being a premium member you still have access to the way of creating a csv with FREQUENCIES from this site... If you want software for programming your scanner you should get premium then its all simple programming. for instance you select country / state / county you want. and the software will organize it automatically for you and program your scanner with ease... I was 1 time a noob on here but people have helped me and occasionally I help back with some info.
I believe you accomplished your task of getting frequencies here which is why you came. So please don't bash a helpful site that so many of us have helped to build and update information to because without our submissions to the database you would have to manually search the fcc database for what you want and believe me I have been down that road. This site is well worth it. Thank you radioreference for being here to help me program and learn about antennas and scanners. You all have made my experience here a fun and lasting impression on what I consider to be the best forum site I have ever joined... now having the home patrol the database is included with the software but I still enjoy the ability to come on here and read posts and occasionally submit new items to the db... Also I am now starting to learn and mess around with sdr and unitrunker and this site is really helpful in that aspect as well. Thanks again RR.

BTW I have never seen facebook offer scanner frequencies. Maybe a few groups but it sure don't cover all the frequencies 1 would have in mind.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
So, what's your point?

What's the point?

You didn't subscribe (fee), you registered (no fee) and yet you're able to post on here.

You came for free frequencies and you got them (no charge).

So I say again to you....What's the point?

Thanks for stopping by!

Russell :roll:

cacherjoe

Same here. I became a premium member to support the site. I have an HP-1 so I don't need a premium membership to update the database on the scanner. It costs money to provide all the great things the site has to offer. Imagine if we all coughed up $30, what great things we could get?

SpectreOZ

The only problem with the "I want, I came to get, Now give me..." mentality is if everyone subscribed to that one-way information stream there would be nobody to supply the demand, see where I'm coming from?

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I joined the forum in 2005 to improve my knowledge level and discover tips on the hobby to enhance my enjoyment. I did not find the need to become a premium member until last November when I bought a Uniden 996xt. Having the ability to load hundreds of frequencies with minimal mouse clicks (through FreeScan): priceless! When I think of all this website has to offer for $30 per year, I know it's a bargain! When I first became interested in this hobby there were no forums, because there was no Internet. There was only Monitoring Times (now gone) each month for scanner-related articles, and yearly issues of Police Call (long gone) for frequencies. I know it sounds like I'm selling memberships, but I'm not. I support this site because I don't want to see it disappear. It is unique, and valuable.

Fallsj

Premium Subscriber
Same here. I became a premium member to support the site. I have an HP-1 so I don't need a premium membership to update the database on the scanner. It costs money to provide all the great things the site has to offer. Imagine if we all coughed up $30, what great things we could get?

Same here and I just joined! looking forward to a ton of info. I had no idea till a friend introduced me to this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.