Premium subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patch42

I also spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to give away some of my money. I'm no expert, but if I were running a railroad I'd make the ticket office a lot more obvious. If you're on the forum side of things you'd never even know a premium database subscription was an option.

MStep

Agreed, It took me 10 to 15 minutes work find my way to initiate a premium membership. Every page should have an obvious link i.e. "Click Here For Premium Membership" to make it easier for folks to find it.

Reconrider

Agreed, It took me 10 to 15 minutes work find my way to initiate a premium membership. Every page should have an obvious link i.e. "Click Here For Premium Membership" to make it easier for folks to find it.
That looks very spammy. You could have googled premium radio reference and gotten the page or used the search feature on the website to find threads about it.

MStep

That looks very spammy. You could have googled premium radio reference and gotten the page or used the search feature on the website to find threads about it.

I think the OP's comments where intended to help streamline the process, rather then obfuscate it through a series of links.

Patch42

You shouldn't have to resort to a third party service to find how to subscribe. At the top of my screen there's a menu with drop-downs. An item under "RadioReference" called Premium Membership would be neither spammy nor difficult to find. We're trying to give away money here. The site should make it easy to do so.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
If I remember correctly, when I joined this weird group several years ago, it took less than 5 minutes.

AND, no one is giving money away. This is a huge forum covering a myriad of topics. There's work going into it. The money isn't donated, it's earned.

Patch42

AND, no one is giving money away. This is a huge forum covering a myriad of topics. There's work going into it. The money isn't donated, it's earned.
You understood my point, that it should be straightforward and simple to find out how to get a premium subscription, didn't you? If I didn't recognize the value I wouldn't have been looking for a way to get a premium membership. Thanks so much for pretending to misunderstand my turn of phrase.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't dumping on you. I was braggin' about this web site more than anything. I don't think most members know the vast amount of information in these memory banks.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Then some folks would complain about RR begging for money...

DS506

Premium Subscriber
...radioreference.com, click on about us, click on our premium services, geez how easy can it be?
I would be leery of a web site that has more places to spend money rather than provide good information.

Status
Not open for further replies.