Preprogrammed Frequencies PRO 164

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnyman

Premium Subscriber
I have a PRO 164 and I'm trying to program it for airport frequencies in addition to the trunking channels I currently have loaded from Radio Shack. Also, my manual states "Your scanner has 155 preprogrammed frequencies in the ROM. You can load the into Channels 000 to 154"...I'm not sure what this means, if it's preprogrammed, how or why do I need to do anything?

Are their truly" free" information on RadioReference.com?

If, so, I 'm not able to access it.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
my manual states "Your scanner has 155 preprogrammed frequencies in the ROM. You can load the into Channels 000 to 154"...I'm not sure what this means, if it's preprogrammed, how or why do I need to do anything?
The manufacturer has selected 155 GENERIC frequencies that are commonly used across the USA. I don't know anyone that can get by on that. You're here now, and we'll get you set up with what you need.

I have a PRO 164 and I'm trying to program it for airport frequencies in addition to the trunking channels I currently have loaded from Radio Shack. Are their truly" free" information on RadioReference.com?
Click on Database above. Click on the state of interest and go from there. What is limited to unpaid members is some searches and importing of the data with scanner programming software.

Status
Not open for further replies.