Prescott FD (Nevada County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike445

Anybody have any idea what the license is for this? 155.880 DPL 155 Prescott Arkansas FD in Nevada County. I can't find ANYTHING! I was going to delete the frequency months ago but I ended up hearing a call on it at some point in December. I'm trying to find the input as well as the license info. I'm gong to be buying an ICOM IC R30 and it can accept both receive and transmit frequencies.
Thanks y'all!
Mike

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Closest I can find is 155.8875 as a repeater input for the County, but the current license is pure NXDN no analog on it. Could be leftover analog, that they have not converted yet? WQPD360 (NEVADA, COUNTY OF) FCC Callsign Details Or its really Arkansas County OEM/Fire and caught on a duct? We do not have tone info for that one.

Mike445

Closest I can find is 155.8875 as a repeater input for the County, but the current license is pure NXDN no analog on it. Could be leftover analog, that they have not converted yet? WQPD360 (NEVADA, COUNTY OF) FCC Callsign Details Or its really Arkansas County OEM/Fire and caught on a duct? We do not have tone info for that one.
I had it programmed exactly as it’s in the database. I believe there is a DPL on it and it opened up squelch and they said Prescott fire department. It was the only time I ever heard that frequency. Very strange. I even recall them giving an address. I will put an alarm on it and if I ever hear it again I will get back with my findings. That being said the majority of the fire I have heard in Naveda county is NXDN.
Mike

jhsands

Feed Provider
Anybody have any idea what the license is for this? 155.880 DPL 155 Prescott Arkansas FD in Nevada County. I can't find ANYTHING! I was going to delete the frequency months ago but I ended up hearing a call on it at some point in December. I'm trying to find the input as well as the license info. I'm gong to be buying an ICOM IC R30 and it can accept both receive and transmit frequencies.
Thanks y'all!
Mike

Too bad you can't find anything on it. It is still in use.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Hint: He is not just "in the know".... Another hint: He pushes buttons that make things happen on radios.

jhsands

Feed Provider
Maybe someone can whisper to the folks on that repeater to tell them to renew the license, or get a new one? ;)

Which comes to an important point... if they aren't transmitting on it, is it illegal to have? They are also not transmitting a morse code identifier since they don't have a license, but is available to be transmitted on. Ahhhh... such a sticky situation.

On the real, who even transmits an identifier these days?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Almost every system I monitor. At least those that run legal.

Mike445

Like 2015...
Okay. I heard it around Christmas some time.
You mention LR. They dumped the frequency they were testing as it was the same as Nevada County SO. I haven’t heard them on the replacement frequency though?
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.