Prescott Valley council awards radio system contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
PRESCOTT VALLEY - Come Sept. 1, a public safety communications system 1,000 feet above the town will make it easier for police officers on the ground to do their jobs.

The system will provide a second radio frequency for the Police Department, and increase coverage by virtually eliminating "dead space," Police Chief Jim Maxson told the Town Council Thursday evening. In short, the communications system atop Glassford Hill will make it easier for officers on patrol to talk to the regional dispatch center in downtown Prescott.

The council voted unanimously to award a contract for $442,772 from CH2M Hill OMI for the public safety system, a project the Police Department has been working on for years.

OMI in turn will work with subcontractor Niles Radio Communications, a Flagstaff company that will provide site engineering, design and construction services.

"Niles Radio can help us get this work completed," Utilities Director Neil Wadsworth told the council.

Link to complete article
Denied:1up! Software ()

-----
For all I know from previous articles, is that this system uses funds from the DHS, therefore it will be P25 compatible, not sure if they're going digital. PV has a population of 37000 or so.

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
Is that the current one for PV? I normally use 154.8 since most of the time I'm in Prescott.

I'd assume they'll keep the frequencies to make things easier, or at least stay in the 150 MHz band for interoperability.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
These freqs are the new ones that were added to their license and are probably associated with the new transmitter.

PV currently uses 155.895 repeat and 155.865 simplex.
Prescott is on 155.250 and 155.800

Is that the current one for PV? I normally use 154.8 since most of the time I'm in Prescott.

I'd assume they'll keep the frequencies to make things easier, or at least stay in the 150 MHz band for interoperability.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
$440,000 for one repeater site? Is that right? Peter Sz

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
Well I assume $440k includes all the radios aswell, from what I've read they're going P25. Assuming they get Motorolas, that's how much? I believe the XTL/S5000 go for $4.5-5k.

I have no idea about the size of PVPD, but assuming there's 80 radios, that's $360,000, plus the repeater site. I believe the repeater site will be built from scratch, requiring new antennas, power, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.