• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

President Grant 2 CB Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNY2ADQ

These will not be sold by wholesalers/retailers in the USA. Nor will the President Lincoln II.

Attachments

• preslincii-1.jpg
    preslincii-1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 8,788
  • plincoln 1.jpg
    plincoln 1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 12,108

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
If you don't mind, what did it cost to get it here?

I got mine from these folks http://www.pjbox.co.uk/ which by the looks of the retailers so far seem to be the cheapest to order from. With the exchange, shipping and customs I think it rounded out at about $380 total. However the CDN $ is terrible for the UK. I suspect for the US it should come in a bit cheaper for you.

This retailer was excellent to deal with. There ebay site didn't list North America for shipping but you can use there website to purchase from.

Make sure you ask them for the Export mode.

NESN

KNY2ADQ: is this because these are "export" models? If so will US models be introduced?

Also, Simonthewizard in the UK has several reviews & videos on his website.

NESN

Exactly. This is why I can't understand the statement "these will not be sold by wholesalers/retailers in the USA". Unless these are not FCC Type approved, but then I'm not sure you could buy one for import & US use legally?

KNY2ADQ

KNY2ADQ: is this because these are "export" models? If so will US models be introduced?

Also, Simonthewizard in the UK has several reviews & videos on his website.

I doubt you'll see any CB radios from President that will meet FCC standards for sale in the USA, President Electronics gave up on North America years ago. I hear a few cases may land here in the States but coming from an independent dealer there would be no warranty support from France.

BTW, Mr. Parker is in Hungary not the UK.

NESN

I doubt you'll see any CB radios from President that will meet FCC standards for sale in the USA, President Electronics gave up on North America years ago. I hear a few cases may land here in the States but coming from an independent dealer there would be no warranty support from France.

BTW, Mr. Parker is in Hungary not the UK.

A shame based on the excellent reviews the Grant II has gotten so far. I was looking at the Uniden 980 but the new President models look to be even better. Does this apply to the Lincoln II also? When they say the Grant II has a "EU" channel plan does that mean AM CB or just the FM channels? If you purchase from a European dealer would the warranty service still apply, through obviously it would be a PITA. I'd be hard pressed to lay out $400.USD otherwise.

UPMan: would you be willing to jump in here and expand on this on Uniden's/Presidents behalf?

KF4ZTO

It's an "export" in the American CB sense of the word. So yes, it does include AM/SSB in addition to FM. There are AM European allocations that mirror the AM US allocation (26.965-27.405) 4W AM/12W SSB. But this radio is much more than just that. Rumor has it that it includes the "Russian" or "RU" "mode" which is what most people consider "export" mode on these radios. That is, 25.615-28.305 or even 25.615-30.115. Either way it covers all of 10 meters in addition to CB and the "freeband".

So yes, the Grant II will work on the legal 40 American AM/SSB channels. Also 10 meters and everywhere in between, AM/FM/SSB.

KNY2ADQ

A shame based on the excellent reviews the Grant II has gotten so far. I was looking at the Uniden 980 but the new President models look to be even better. Does this apply to the Lincoln II also? When they say the Grant II has a "EU" channel plan does that mean AM CB or just the FM channels? If you purchase from a European dealer would the warranty service still apply, through obviously it would be a PITA. I'd be hard pressed to lay out $400.USD otherwise.

UPMan: would you be willing to jump in here and expand on this on Uniden's/Presidents behalf?

The Grant II will run like any other export CB, but can also be configured to match the CB bandplan of whatever European country you were operating in. President's warranty is only valid in the country of purchase and excludes any radio that has been modified. Even if it would apply here in the States, they can refuse warranty service if you are not using a President antenna ...WTF ??? :

This device is guaranteed 2 years parts and labour in its country of purchase against any manufacturing
defects validated by our technical department. *The After-sales Service of PRESIDENT
reserves the right not to apply the warranty if a breakdown is caused by an antenna other than those
distributed by PRESIDENT, and if said antenna is at the origin of the breakdown. An extension of 3
years warranty is proposed systematically for the purchase and use of a PRESIDENT antenna,
bringing the total duration of the warranty to 5 years. In order to be valid, the warranty certificate
must be returned within a period of 30 days after the purchase date to the After-sales Service of
the company Groupe President Electronics, or any foreign subsidiary.

If UPMan can expand please do, I am certain Uniden has nothing to do with this radio besides being the manufacturer.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Export Mode:

A 26.965 - 27.405
B 27.415 - 27.855
C 26.515 - 26.955
D 27.865 - 28.305
E 26.065 - 26.505
F 28.315 - 28.755
G 25.615 - 26.055
H 28.765 - 29.205
I 29.215 - 29.655
j 29.655 - 30.105

Regular Mode:

1 EU 26.965 - 27.405
2 PL 26.960 - 27.400 also 26.965 - 27.405
3 D 26.565 - 27.405
4 EC 26.965 - 27.405
5 U 26.965 - 27.405 also 27.60125 - 27.99125
6 In 26.565 - 27.275

KNY2ADQ

Export Mode:

A 26.965 - 27.405
B 27.415 - 27.855
C 26.515 - 26.955
D 27.865 - 28.305
E 26.065 - 26.505
F 28.315 - 28.755
G 25.615 - 26.055
H 28.765 - 29.205
I 29.215 - 29.655
j 29.655 - 30.105

Regular Mode:

1 EU 26.965 - 27.405
2 PL 26.960 - 27.400 also 26.965 - 27.405
3 D 26.565 - 27.405
4 EC 26.965 - 27.405
5 U 26.965 - 27.405 also 27.60125 - 27.99125
6 In 26.565 - 27.275

My Jackson II has the same bandplan in export mode, the main reason I I don't like it and it stays in it's box.

NESN

The Grant II will run like any other export CB, but can also be configured to match the CB bandplan of whatever European country you were operating in. President's warranty is only valid in the country of purchase and excludes any radio that has been modified. Even if it would apply here in the States, they can refuse warranty service if you are not using a President antenna ...WTF ??? :

This device is guaranteed 2 years parts and labour in its country of purchase against any manufacturing
defects validated by our technical department. *The After-sales Service of PRESIDENT
reserves the right not to apply the warranty if a breakdown is caused by an antenna other than those
distributed by PRESIDENT, and if said antenna is at the origin of the breakdown. An extension of 3
years warranty is proposed systematically for the purchase and use of a PRESIDENT antenna,
bringing the total duration of the warranty to 5 years. In order to be valid, the warranty certificate
must be returned within a period of 30 days after the purchase date to the After-sales Service of
the company Groupe President Electronics, or any foreign subsidiary.

If UPMan can expand please do, I am certain Uniden has nothing to do with this radio besides being the manufacturer.

Well the Bandplan plus the Warranty issue has pretty much killed any interest I had in this radio. Unless this radio becomes available "stateside" under better terms. A real shame.

AL567

Got mine last week. Ordered it on Tuesday and got it on Friday. No problems with shipping or customs. Great radio so far. Bought a galaxy 99v2 last September and was never happy with it. Mostly junk at least the one I have not saying all galaxy's are but mine is. The grant is a 980 with a lot more to offer. Great radio built by a reputable company.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 6,107
Status
Not open for further replies.