President hr2510 cb or ham? How to tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

darticus

Glad you got back before it was gone. I thought about what you said and I thought it was just an illegal radio so thoughts of scrapping was right on. I only run 2m and 70cm so maybe just listening to 10 meter might move me to get a general license. Other than listening I could only use 28300-28500 which probably has nothing to hear anyway. Thanks Ron

Who said anything about scrapping it? If I am reading the rest of this thread right you have a Tech ham ticket, as such it would be perfectly legal and appropriate for you to use this radio, as it currently exist, on 10 meters. It would not be legal to use it on CB. Just because the radio CAN electronically do CB does not make it illegal, and does not mean you need to use it for CB transmissions. Ownership of the radio (even by someone without a ham license) is not a violation in any way that I am aware of. The only thing that would be a violation would be to actually use the radio to transmit outside the 10 meter band.

T!

pjtnascar

I think the only thing that'll get you into trouble is if you are a CBer and get caught with a linear in your posession. Of course if you're operating out of band, you can get nailed, too. Use it for 10m and enjoy it for its intended purpose.

k8krh

I hear them on 10 meters and some people run them on cb, I saw a number of them for sale at a local hamfest last weekend, converted to cb..as the guy said if your a ham just open up and change jumpers, that is like some of the new ham gear on the market today open up and change jumpers, I guess they are after both consumers..money talks anymore...

DOCTOR/795

Status
Not open for further replies.