President in worcester ma

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggieo

Premium Subscriber
The president is flying in to Worcester, MA tomorrow, Weds June 11. Anybody going to be broadcasting that, or can anyone tell me where I should try to pick it up myself? I assume several frequencies will be involved.

Thanks much - sorry if I am posting in the wrong area.

Ranger0034

I know this reply is a little late... but due to advances in radio communications technology, The USSS only uses four channels which are all encrypted now. Your best bet during a Presidential visit are the local agencies, town, state PD's. 30 years ago in 1984, President Reagan came to Hartford. Back then everything was in the clear and the USSS used about 10 channels. That was interesting listening.. You would be able to hear the USSS start radio checks and preparations for the visit about two weeks before the visiting day.. Now, nothing is heard at all....

maggieo

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Paul.. Someone gave me the airport freq's - which I never had time to get to or program - I did have the State Police for that area and heard some staging stuff - nothing great.. Some guys in MA did hear some air talk though - as far as takeoffs and diversions and stuff - I would have liked it! I agree, though - the local stuff in the area is also good. I had almost no notice on this - which was too bad - I didn't have time to get ready - just what they want.. us to not have time! But I did have that great time actually hearing and seeing AF1 (or the backup) fly right by my house to Westover AFB and I hear ground talk there - like guys that were staying with the plane, and I did hear some stuff on the detective channel in Springfield looking for snipers and stuff - that was in the Clinton days.. It was neat! Thanks for the reply though - I appreciate it!

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup Event A on the Worcester EDACS system was used for all of the Worcester Police Units Working the presidential Detail.

I heard what sounded like Worcester control,,may have been a XO to the MSP TRS..
Multiple SOPS TGs were active..one for the motorcade,another for the airport's MSP
ground team..another for traffic control.I heard reference by a couple troopers regarding
use of an encrypted channel.
Im a lil far to get the Worcester EDACS..my 800 Yagi just could not pull in the signal.

maggieo

Premium Subscriber
Great you guys heard all that cool stuff! I was in Worcester and heard some MSP Troop C stuff - but I was working mostly, and didn't even have the times etc.. However - had I had my ducks in a row I could have heard something at some point - even just the activity at Westover at night.. Oh well.. Hopefully next time I'll be better prepared!

Status
Not open for further replies.