President of the United States coming to Milwaukee tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what time the President will be in town tomorrow? I was thinking about going down by the airport to see if I can get a glimpse of Air Force One. I know the Airport Observation area off of Layton Ave. will probably be closed because in the past I know if anyone important (POTUS, VP or heads of state) come to Milwaukee they usually have that lot closed and with a Sheriff's deputy posted there.

CrabbyMilton

I can't help with the timetable but I just want to remind everybody that if you can, be sure and listen to the airport ops, sheriff and sheriff's special events talk groups. Now that Mitchell is on the MCTRS, it's nice to hear all that stuff regardless of where you are in the county.

doublem

Premium Subscriber
Potus

I can't help with the timetable but I just want to remind everybody that if you can, be sure and listen to the airport ops, sheriff and sheriff's special events talk groups. Now that Mitchell is on the MCTRS, it's nice to hear all that stuff regardless of where you are in the county.

Regardless of polical views I always drive past the airport every presidential and vice presidential visit. There is nothing more American than Air Force One!!! Not to mention the motorcade!!!

CrabbyMilton

Amen to that. The president is opposite to virtually all of my views but I respect the office as you do as well.I got a picture of that beautiful bird just after it took off back in '92 when "HW" was here. (They said the 747 was going to be obsolete 35 years ago...bah) Anyway, be sure and monitor the new media in the 450mhz rand and 455mhz range.

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
Amen to that. The president is opposite to virtually all of my views but I respect the office as you do as well.I got a picture of that beautiful bird just after it took off back in '92 when "HW" was here. (They said the 747 was going to be obsolete 35 years ago...bah) Anyway, be sure and monitor the new media in the 450mhz rand and 455mhz range.

I remember it had nicest shade of light-blue.
I got to see it a couple times about 200ft away when I was working the compass rose at ADW.
We were on the NDW side of the field.
That was during the Nixon era.

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
I was in Cudahy this morning along Pennsylvania Ave. and I was able to see the motorcade roll by and saw numerous agencies and I brought my BCD396XT with me and heard lots of traffic on Milwaukee TRS Sheriff Special Events 1 and on Sheriff Patrol CH.1 and 2. I also was scanning the federal band 163-174 and 406-420 and heard numerous conversations in P25 but in the clear, there were a few conversations that came up ENC but not many which kind of suprised me.

CrabbyMilton

Did they stage AIRFORCE 1 in the 128th? When the 440th was there, they would always park in in there and that was ideal since they could land on 19R and just pull in and then pull out and take off on 1L.

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
AIRFORCE 1 was staged on the 128th Air Refueling Wing Ramp, the motorcade went right by me on S. Pennsylvania Ave. and E. Edgerton Ave. and then proceeded on to 794. I was in a parking lot watching and listening to my scanner. I was able to see AIRFORCE 1 come in from where I was sitting, they used 19R and I am not real sure what Runway they used to depart since I was not there. I heard lots of clear conversations on the federal band in P25 which surprised me. I was listening to Sheriffs and airport traffic too.

CrabbyMilton

Well, they obviously didn't feel a need to scramble their transmissions. It probably wasn't the Secret Service perhaps some other fed agency or else it was Secret Service unit in charge of of details not directly related to protecting the president. I was told years ago that AIRFORCE 1 always takes off on 1L for security reasons since there is no road that runs on the same level at that end. Unless weather conditions dictate otherwise. I could be wrong but that idea seems logical.

doublem

Premium Subscriber
During the Presidential visit back in January 2011, AF1 took off from 25L crossing over Howell. During one of President GWB's visit AF1 took off from 1L with the observation area open.

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
wow that would of been cool to see!!! I did see the observation area open a last year or a couple years ago when VP Biden was in town and saw a Coast Guard helicopter flying around but when presidential candidates came the lot was closed as last month when President Obama came to town. I think it depends on where the airplane is coming in, usually the come in on 19R which would be right next to the observation lot.

doublem

Premium Subscriber
Air Force One

In deed it was awesome. I would imagine that the observation area is now closed due to Air Force One being parked out in the open at the 128th as opposed to being somewhat hidden at the 440th.

Status
Not open for further replies.